Albums that You Wish Weren't in the Top 1000

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:30
  • Post subject: Albums that You Wish Weren't in the Top 1000
Are there any albums that you really don't like that are in the top 1000? You know, the albums where you cringe when you see them when you are looking at the overall chart. There have always been a handful of albums that I really don't want to be in the top 1000.
Here are mine:
Def Leppard- Hysteria
Def Leppard- Pyromania
Meat Loaf- Bat Out of Hell
Adele- 21
Mumford & Sons- Sigh No More
Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory
My Chemical Romance- The Black Parade

Now, keep in mind, I don't hate all of these albums. I just don't think they deserve to be in the top 1000.
Let me know what yours are and if you want, you can explain why. It's optional, though
Evandar

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:34
  • Post subject:
In my own little la-la dream world, I would get rid of one third of them, probably, haha. There's a LOT of music that get endless praise that I personally can't stand. That said, I'm not gonna go name albums, it would take forever, and as the list is representative of our combined tastes, it would be a bit pointless, in my opinion. But by all means, go for it!
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:34
  • Post subject:
I don't see this ending well.
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:36
  • Post subject:
sp4cetiger wrote:
I don't see this ending well.

My fingers are crossed. I really hope everyone can be respectful of each other's tastes.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:41
  • Post subject:
This sounds an awful lot like you wish you could dictate other people's favorite albums. It's probably more likely that you haven't really thought about the meaning of what you're asking.
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/22/2013 20:47
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
This sounds an awful lot like you wish you could dictate other people's favorite albums. It's probably more likely that you haven't really thought about the meaning of what you're asking.

I'm not trying to dictate what people listen to. I was just wondering if there were any well-appreciated albums in the top 1000 that you couldn't really get behind. That's all.
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 11/22/2013 21:00
  • Post subject:
genesisfoxtrot21 wrote:
I'm not trying to dictate what people listen to. I was just wondering if there were any well-appreciated albums in the top 1000 that you couldn't really get behind. That's all.

There's a difference between albums in the top 1000 that I can't get behind and wishing that certain albums weren't in the top 1000. One is my personal taste, the other is wishing that other people's taste was different so that the overall chart was different.

• Posted: 11/22/2013 21:11
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:
There's a difference between albums in the top 1000 that I can't get behind and wishing that certain albums weren't in the top 1000. One is my personal taste, the other is wishing that other people's taste was different so that the overall chart was different.

Y'all are reading too much into this.
Evandar

• Posted: 11/22/2013 21:11
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:

Ehm, regardless of his exact wording, I think he's just honestly curious about other people's opinions on this.
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 11/22/2013 21:12
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:

It's the same idea. I just don't like that certain albums are in the top 1000. If you don't like an album in the top 1000 and wish it weren't there, post it. That's all I'm asking. I'm not asking you to change your taste. I never asked that.