Limiting & Sorting

View previous topic :: View next topic
andy_hunter

Cape Verde
  • Posted: 12/10/2013 19:46
  • Post subject: Limiting & Sorting
I have a book, 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die and its quite a nice format, the selected top 1001 arranged in chronological order. I tried to see if I could generate the overall chart here in the same format but it seems you can't. You can arrange the overall chart by year but then you're wafting through albums in the 4000s. I think it would be a good feature to be able to customise limit the amount of entries that appear and then sort them how you like.

Or alternatively, have a second sorting preference. So i.e. sort by year and then sort by points. I know thats a little pedantic but where would this site be without pedanticism*?

*I know its a made up word.

Best Albums of 2014. Rate That Shiz, yo
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin
  • Posted: 12/11/2013 09:05
  • Post subject: Re: Limiting & Sorting
andy_hunter wrote:
I have a book, 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die and its quite a nice format, the selected top 1001 arranged in chronological order. I tried to see if I could generate the overall chart here in the same format but it seems you can't. You can arrange the overall chart by year but then you're wafting through albums in the 4000s. I think it would be a good feature to be able to customise limit the amount of entries that appear and then sort them how you like.

Or alternatively, have a second sorting preference. So i.e. sort by year and then sort by points. I know thats a little pedantic but where would this site be without pedanticism*?

It's not currently planned to have multiple levels of sorting, but will add to the list. In the meantime, if you wanted to do this type of analysis, you could export the chart to CSV and perform the sorting in a spreadsheet & delete the entries that you want to ignore.
  • Visit poster's website
NickVolos
Segnahc Reve4

Location: Land of the Argonauts, Centaurs and other such creatures
Greece
  • Posted: 12/11/2013 15:37
  • Post subject: Re: Limiting & Sorting
andy_hunter wrote:

It would be nice to be able to produce charts larger than 100 entries each. I had the same problem producing a chart for the book The Perfect Collection by Tom Hibbert. I ended up splitting the book in 3 charts.
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Visit poster's website