Radiohead....emo?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ironic Karma

United States

• Posted: 06/21/2010 19:10
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

you're music taste is shitty if you think KISS is shitty. obviously you haven't heard the gospel of Animalize

Actually I have heard Animalize, when I went on a road trip with my friend and his dad played all the Kiss's discography and I forgot to bring my iPod so I was stuck listening to that garbage. When he got to that album, it was the same thing as the rest of the albums. Simple guitar riffs, mediocre drumming and shallow lyrics.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
audiooasis2012

United States

• Posted: 06/21/2010 19:31
  • Post subject:
i CANT STAND KISS! they stand for everything i hate about the music industry gene simmons will do anything for a dollar which includes releasing shitty material. i do think a KISS live show would b kinda cool tho especially considering their pyrotechnics
  • Visit poster's website
thomas697

Australia

• Posted: 06/22/2010 00:50
  • Post subject:
I used to like Kiss when I was younger .. but I think they're pretty shit now, I put then in the same category as Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Starship and Nickelback! Kiss is probably the better of the four, but still they aren't very good!
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 06/23/2010 12:22
  • Post subject:
Oh come on, you're bein' unfair here. KISS is lightweight pop-metal for sure (possibly bar the first two albums or so), but they were the masters of memorable hard rock hooks, they had an intense drummer, one of the most talented guitarists out there, and a sound that delivered more punch than anything at the time. It's impossible to dislike Detroit Rock City, I Love It Loud, and Rock and Roll All Nite. After Creatures of the Night they should have retired of course, but from 1974 to 1982 they were damn good. Any comparison with the fake mockery of whatever worked last year that is Nickelback is just plain mean.
  • Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 06/13/2011 20:22
  • Post subject:
john lennon would tell everyone that thom yorke is god. Paul is at home right now trying to sound like radiohead. 75 percent of your favorite bands will tell you that radiohead is light years ahead.

Even radiohead fans dont understand how great they are. THey are the best band ever and only 5 percent of the world likes them. That alone tells you that they are beyond comprehension. It took 2 years for radiohead fans themselves to figure out that kid a is sex. it took 6 months to figure out that in rainbows is the prettiest album ever.
Critics called ok computer the best album ever before it was even released, they didnt know exactly why or what was going on exactly but they knew it was the revolution. Jonny is a musical genious and he is only 10 percent of thom yorke. Thom is god on earth disguised as clay aikens father.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 06/13/2011 20:59
  • Post subject:
I don't give a fuck about what John Lennon would say, and I care even less about Paul's current music. 75% of the bands I listen to definitely don't give a fuck about Radiohead either because (1) they're disbanded or dead or (2) just don't give a fuck because they're making different music. Less than 5% of the world likes Radiohead because about 10% of the world is above the poverty line, and I'm absolutely positive less than 1/3 of that 10% gives a fuck about Radiohead. But you are right in that Thom looks like a retard
Wombi

• Posted: 06/13/2011 22:03
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
I don't give a fuck about what John Lennon would say, and I care even less about Paul's current music. 75% of the bands I listen to definitely don't give a fuck about Radiohead either because (1) they're disbanded or dead or (2) just don't give a fuck because they're making different music. Less than 5% of the world likes Radiohead because about 10% of the world is above the poverty line, and I'm absolutely positive less than 1/3 of that 10% gives a fuck about Radiohead. But you are right in that Thom looks like a retard

purple: too cool for radiohead, apparently
purple

• Posted: 06/13/2011 22:41
  • Post subject:
they're talented, not gods. every now and then you need to inject some realism into the kids, ya know?
Wombi

• Posted: 06/13/2011 22:47
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
they're talented, not gods. every now and then you need to inject some realism into the kids, ya know?

that I can agree with. I like them a lot, but yeah some people do hold them in an unequal proportion to other artists almost like they're above music itself. What I don't agree with is you saying that 75% of the bands you listen to don't give a fuck about Radiohead, that's just something you can't back up.
purple

• Posted: 06/13/2011 23:04
  • Post subject:
most of the bands I listen to stopped making music before Radiohead blew up; I know that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't like Radiohead, but it does show that Radiohead had no influence on them, yet several of them are an influence on Radiohead. Most of the music I listen to since Radiohead blew up are in different genres trying to achieve different things and have little influence from Radiohead. I think it was a safe statement. Just because a band's great doesn't mean everyone has to like them