What are you watching on the TV-elly?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/18/2017 21:35
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Finally getting around to "Fargo". It's way way better than it has any right to be. It's truly incredible through the first 5 episodes anyway. BB Thornton consistently kills as Lorne Malvo. He comes across as a funny version of Anton from No Country For Old Men.

Anyway, yeah 2 thumbs up thus far.

Speaking of Billy Bob, I got around to binging Goliath about a week ago. I'm actually not sure how much I enjoyed it, but it's certainly not a bad show. Just don't think I loved it by any means.

I have The Americans in my queue, looking forward to giving that a chance.

(Also, season 2 of Fargo is just as good, if not better)
AwaitingAndrew

United States

• Posted: 01/20/2017 05:10
  • Post subject:
Anybody here check out new FX/BBC series Taboo yet? Tom Hardy is incredible in everything, and I'm quite intrigued by this show thus far. It's written and created by Steven Knight who also made Peaky Blinders and Locke, an underrated show and very underrated film, both also featuring Tom Hardy.

They could release a video of Tom Hardy eating breakfast and I'm guessing his performance would still blow me away.
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/20/2017 19:31
  • Post subject:
AwaitingAndrew wrote:
Anybody here check out new FX/BBC series Taboo yet? Tom Hardy is incredible in everything, and I'm quite intrigued by this show thus far. It's written and created by Steven Knight who also made Peaky Blinders and Locke, an underrated show and very underrated film, both also featuring Tom Hardy.

They could release a video of Tom Hardy eating breakfast and I'm guessing his performance would still blow me away.

Yess it's been great so far pretty promising

What was that map showing American ships in the Irish sea though haha surely that never happened?
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 01/30/2017 09:22
  • Post subject:
Family Guy S16 8.5
The Affair S1 9.0

I think all round it's the funniest season of Famy Guy I've seen in the last four or five. It's contempt for the traditionsl 3 act construct is it's charm. I want to be entertained by comedy first and foremost before being lectured too, no matter what Parker and Stone think.

The Affair is a cleverly put together series which splits every episode between the male and female protagonists version of roughly the same events and a look at the bias of memory itself. Acting and script are top notch and Ruth Wilson richly deserved her Golden Globe.
  • Visit poster's website
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 02/06/2017 03:28
  • Post subject:
The Affair S2 9.5

Developing into probably the most brilliant show on t.v at tbe present. Excellent story construction and plot twists thst keep flipping the show on it's head. Multiple character viewpoints and several shocks right at the end leave the Affair at the tipity top of the binge watch tree.
  • Visit poster's website
Moved: 02/06/2017 10:27 by albummaster
From Lounge to Movies & TV
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/07/2017 00:03
  • Post subject:
AwaitingAndrew wrote:

Just finished episode 5. I should have some collected thoughts about the series by now, but all I can seem to muster is that I'm mixed on it and I'm not sure why. Hardy, Pryce and Chaplin have all been fantastic so far though.
stangetzaway

Australia

• Posted: 03/01/2017 00:01
  • Post subject:
Ray Donavon S3 S4 9.0
One of the most diverting and entertaining shows on t.v. Mickey Donovan's (Jon Voight) shenanigans always a highlight. Katie Holmes cast against type in an unsympathetic role in S3 does her cv no harm. Worth noting for all the volatile, earthy machismo that permeates throughout RD that it was created by and largely written by women.
  • Visit poster's website
Komorebi-D

Australia

• Posted: 03/04/2017 14:57
  • Post subject:
Mercury wrote:
Finally getting around to "Fargo". It's way way better than it has any right to be. It's truly incredible through the first 5 episodes anyway. BB Thornton consistently kills as Lorne Malvo. He comes across as a funny version of Anton from No Country For Old Men.

Anyway, yeah 2 thumbs up thus far.

Just wait until you get to Season 2...

It's gonna hit you like a train.

Anyway, speaking of Fargo: has anyone been watching Legion? I think it's surprisingly the best & most intriguing show on right now. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should.

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Flay

United Kingdom

• Posted: 03/04/2017 16:04
  • Post subject:
Well, I've just started The Wire, and I'm loving it.
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 03/06/2017 11:55
  • Post subject:
Finished Arrested Development season 2 recently, amazingly hilarious and a definite step up from the first season. It's probably my favourite season from any TV show so far, right above Seinfeld 4 and 5 and Freaks and Geeks 1. (Haven't watched more than 5-6 shows though so far, so that doesn't say much.)

Watching Friends season 8 these days, the last two seasons were not as great as the first five but I'm hoping this one brings it back on track.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website