How long will you keep your favorite albums?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: How long will you still be enjoying your favorite albums?
More than 6 Months
0%
 0%  [0]
More than 1 year
0%
 0%  [0]
More than 2 years
5%
 5%  [2]
More than 5 years
10%
 10%  [4]
More than 10 years
5%
 5%  [2]
More than 30 years
7%
 7%  [3]
Forever and ever
72%
 72%  [29]
Total Votes : 40

Kiki

• Posted: 02/10/2014 20:56
  • Post subject: How long will you keep your favorite albums?
How long will you still be enjoying your favorite albums? How long will you keep them in your life? Your life has many years ahead and there will always be new music on the way. Smile This means you will be listening to music for a long time.

Most of my favorite albums are ones I was listening to in 2008 and afterwards. Lost most the favorites from 2005 - 2007. 2013 was a great year and I think I will still have favorites from that year in a few decades time.
Dingerbell

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/10/2014 20:58
  • Post subject:
Well my number one has been in that position for over three years now, and its not looking like it'll be changing anytime soon.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 02/10/2014 21:04
  • Post subject:
Some albums fade out of sight fairly quickly, even when you think you adore them. Maybe it's overkill or maybe you just change your mind. Others appear from nowhere, albums you may not have even liked that much in the past, and quickly become new favourites. Some stay around forever, others last a week. This question is unanswerable. Over the course of my listening life I've had a ton of favourite albums, some that do pretty much nothing for me anymore and some that I wouldn't change for the world. Then again, I might grow tired of those albums tomorrow. Is it that I'm not in the mood for it at a specific moment or has its magic worn off? I like to think that I'll still be listening to my favourite albums in decades to come because, a) it will validate my tastes in some strange way, and, b) it means I won't have become so old that I've stopped listening to dangerous music. But anything could happen.

• Posted: 02/10/2014 21:43
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Some albums fade out of sight fairly quickly, even when you think you adore them. Maybe it's overkill or maybe you just change your mind. Others appear from nowhere, albums you may not have even liked that much in the past, and quickly become new favourites. Some stay around forever, others last a week. This question is unanswerable. Over the course of my listening life I've had a ton of favourite albums, some that do pretty much nothing for me anymore and some that I wouldn't change for the world. Then again, I might grow tired of those albums tomorrow. Is it that I'm not in the mood for it at a specific moment or has its magic worn off? I like to think that I'll still be listening to my favourite albums in decades to come because, a) it will validate my tastes in some strange way, and, b) it means I won't have become so old that I've stopped listening to dangerous music. But anything could happen.

This, for the most part. I can't tell you the number of times I've fallen in love with an album on the first listen only to find it rather underwhelming on a second listen, and vice versa. I thought ANATO would be my #1 forever, now it's not even in my top 100. It's hard to predict these things.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2014 21:44
  • Post subject:
I assume they'll remain my favorites for the rest of my life, unless I change significantly as a person. Most of my favorites have been my favorites for well over a decade or more. But I also surround myself with melancholy albums because that's who I am. Maybe one day I'll transform into a happy-go-lucky optimistic and my tastes will change drastically.
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 02/10/2014 21:45
  • Post subject:
I can't see myself having a different #1 than In the Aeroplane Over the Sea anytime soon.
samistake2ice
General Grievous Angel

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2014 22:07
  • Post subject:
definitely not forever. i said 5 years. im getting a bit older and therefore more set in my ways but i have different favorites now than i did 5 years ago, as i did 5 years before that and so on. I imagine i will always like tom waits, the beatles, townes van zandt, etc. I have a harder time making that promise about younger acts. I would like to think that i will stay loyal, but things change.
  • Visit poster's website
paladisiac
= music

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2014 22:21
  • Post subject:
i will hold my favorite albums in my heart forever under a clear blue sky with happy, pink unicorns frolicking in the crispy, springtime air.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 02/10/2014 22:29
  • Post subject:
paladisiac wrote:
i will hold my favorite albums in my heart forever under a clear blue sky with happy, pink unicorns frolicking in the crispy, springtime air.

^ This.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/10/2014 23:00
  • Post subject:
It depends. I'm not really keen on, say, ITAOTS anymore, whereas I still love Pet Sounds, which were both high on my first top 100.
  • Visit poster's website