Thinking too much

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 18:43
  • Post subject: Thinking too much
Do you think thinking too much is a bad thing to do? Because I'm starting to believe my life would be better if I wasn't thinking all the time. It's just constant and it gets in the way of lots of activities.

Do you consider yourself an over thinker?
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 18:47
  • Post subject:
I am very much an over thinker, and it's definitely a bad thing. It makes me lose sleep and makes it impossible for me to focus on anything that I don't find really interesting.
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 18:52
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
I am very much an over thinker, and it's definitely a bad thing. It makes me lose sleep and makes it impossible for me to focus on anything that I don't find really interesting.

This.

It also doesn't help when the majority of things you over think are based on negative emotions.
Puncture Repair
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 18:55
  • Post subject:
I'm definitely an over-thinker and it's caused a lot of problems, especially regarding relationships - it can be very restricting.

I'm really good friends with an under-thinker though (which sounds rude, but quite true) and it's caused him a lot of problems as well - it's really great that we're able to give each other advice either way.

Nobody is perfect, as we all know, it's really just a case of understanding your faults and working around them. I really wish I wasn't so self-conscious.
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 19:03
  • Post subject:
It is weird because I used to be an overthinker but I loved it, actually...now I barely have any thoughts, I feel brain dead.

edit: help? Advice? What is wrong with me?

Last edited by Guest on 02/18/2014 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 19:24
  • Post subject:
It depends what you're thinking about. "Overthinking," or "thinking too much," by definition, is bad. Thinking a lot, on the other hand, I recommend. Otherwise you can get stuck in the "ignorance is bliss" delusion.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 19:29
  • Post subject: Re: Thinking too much
an_outlaw wrote:
Do you think thinking too much is a bad thing to do? Because I'm starting to believe my life would be better if I wasn't thinking all the time. It's just constant and it gets in the way of lots of activities.

Apathy makes life easy, but it's an evil that you must strive to overcome. Overthinking may be a bit depressing, but that's because ignorance is bliss
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 19:33
  • Post subject:
If you're an over-thinker you'll just looooooooooove acid.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 20:56
  • Post subject:
These days, it seems like I'm over-thinking things more than I'm not. Whenever I do over-think, I end up getting really depressed and start pondering what the meaning of life really is. I've come to realize over the years that this is both good and horridly bad. Because I'm an over-thinker, it looks to me that I've sometimes taken things way too seriously that weren't supposed to be taken seriously in the slightest. But, at the same time, I savor every moment of my life, because my mind keeps reminding me that it could come to a sad end at any point.

Whenever I get really depressed and can't stop crying even if I tried, I try to change perspective. Changing perspective and just counting the good, wholesome things in your life helps me every time. It reminds me that this existence is most certainly for a reason, and I'm not just here for nothing.

Sometimes I also get really hung up on the past. Even though I'm still quite young, I'm longing for childhood almost every day. Locked inside my house since my parents refuse to drive me anywhere, I'm alone almost every waking hour. I'm stuck in here with my thoughts, this forum and a few friends on Skype. But, I make the most of all of that the best I can, and genuinely care for everyone that pays me the slightest bit of attention.

outlaw, if you're over-thinking, you should really change perspective. Make a few friends in your social life. (Not just on BEA) And please, make the most of every day. If you're down in the dumps right now, I wish you only the absolute best. Enjoy your life, and just have fun. Smile
sp4cetiger
  • Posted: 02/18/2014 21:29
  • Post subject: Re: Thinking too much
an_outlaw wrote:

No, but most of the rest of the world does.