Links thread

View previous topic :: View next topic
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 03/30/2014 08:44
  • Post subject: Links thread
I was wondering if a thread where people ask for links to download album for free, legally or not, would be acceptable. What I mean is that I often see people asking for links here and there, so I still don't know whether it's actually authorized or just tolerated when in small quantity. Posting the links on the forums seems to be forbidden (and for good reason), but what if we had a thread where users could post lists of things they're looking for? The ones who know where to find it (or upload it, or whatever) could just send them the links via PM. Well if it was OK, such a thread would probably already exist, but I just wanted to make sure. Cheers!
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/30/2014 11:16
  • Post subject: Re: Links thread
drakonium wrote:
I was wondering if a thread where people ask for links to download album for free, legally or not, would be acceptable. What I mean is that I often see people asking for links here and there, so I still don't know whether it's actually authorized or just tolerated when in small quantity. Posting the links on the forums seems to be forbidden (and for good reason), but what if we had a thread where users could post lists of things they're looking for? The ones who know where to find it (or upload it, or whatever) could just send them the links via PM. Well if it was OK, such a thread would probably already exist, but I just wanted to make sure. Cheers!

If the links are to free & legally available music, then there is no problem whatsoever with people linking to it. However, links to illegal downloads or to torrent sites are not acceptable here. The site does not condone any kind of illegal file sharing & if any is discovered, links will be taken down immediately. I'm not at all comfortable with the proposition of sharing links via PM as this would imply that the site is okay with people publicly seeing out illegal downloads. (Thank you for asking as it does help let everybody know the position).

Site rules:
[5] Please do not post copyrighted material and/or content from other websites without the appropriate attribution. This includes links to torrent files and file-sharing sites, unless the content being linked is not copyrighted, or is free for general download.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 03/30/2014 11:22
  • Post subject:
OK, thanks for clarifying that! That's exactly what I wanted to know Smile
  • Visit poster's website