An exciting idea

View previous topic :: View next topic
faceless

• Posted: 07/12/2012 13:58
  • Post subject: An exciting idea
Hello.
I have a very interesting idea for the site!!!
First I have to say that the chart of the day and album of the day are some nice features of the site that makes me want to check the site daily.
But I believe we can add much more excitement to the home page by adding a poll of the week to it.
Now I know that members can form all kinds of polls in the forums but “ONE WEEKLY OFFICIAL POLL” from the site with interesting, challenging and more inviting questions can make all the difference.
Members can comment and talk about their votes and why they chose what they chose.
We can associate a special post in the forum for members to suggest the question for the next poll which will make this even more rewarding.
And by the way I am ready to cooperate with you on this by providing good questions which I had in my mind and inspired me to propose this idea, or by choosing it from the associated post that gathers members opinions.
So what’s your opinion albummaster?
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 07/13/2012 00:58
  • Post subject:
This is actually an interesting idea and one that could make more users join the forum. The difficult part would be what exactly the polls would be about.
  • Visit poster's website
faceless

• Posted: 07/13/2012 13:54
  • Post subject:
well it can be challenging to choose interesting questions but i think the possibilities are endless.
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/14/2012 02:20
  • Post subject:
polls were tried when the site first started, but it's difficult now to find an angle on things that hasn't already been discussed
  • Visit poster's website
Robert Anton Wilson
Epic Proghead

Canada

• Posted: 08/13/2012 18:15
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
polls were tried when the site first started, but it's difficult now to find an angle on things that hasn't already been discussed

That is not really a problem. If a question is of current relevance the fact that the some users discussed it 3 years ago does not make it any less interesting as a topic for now. Furthermore, since new albums are released every day, it is nearly impossible to run out of relevant things to poll about. And I do not see a problem with resurrecting a 2 year old poll to see if people have changed their mind about it.

To me the front page is busy enough as it is though. At my age I do not like overstimulation. But defimitely it would be interesting if it were possible to create folders within forum folders as they stand. I am thinking mostly of the games folder and the notion that rather than taking up the whole space of the game form page, a context could get its own folder. As it is currently used, the games thread cannot be really be used by multiple people because if there is a contest going on, your post is bumped to the next page way to quickly.

Something like that or other. Then again, if I do not make sense just ignore me. I just like quizzes
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website