BEAM (released 14/9/2013)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic
SquishypuffDave

Australia
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 02:52
  • Post subject:
I find the idea of a themed compilation album really compelling. Could be a really abstract theme too, like Harkan finds an image and every contributor has to write a track inspired by the image. Seeing what the tracks have in common and how they differ would be interesting. I'd be keen to contribute to a cover album or whatever too.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 02:55
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
I find the idea of a themed compilation album really compelling. Could be a really abstract theme too, like Harkan finds an image and every contributor has to write a track inspired by the image. Seeing what the tracks have in common and how they differ would be interesting. I'd be keen to contribute to a cover album or whatever too.

Hmm, if the tracks were inspired by an image, shouldn't said image be the album cover? ;P

But yeah, that is an amazing idea. Could be brilliant. Even cooler would be a colour...Like, people had to make songs inspired by the colour green. Or emotions, even.
AlexZangari

United States
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 03:23
  • Post subject:
I can't be the only one who wouldn't be inspired by a colour... an image, probably. Not a colour though.
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 03:27
  • Post subject:
AlexZangari wrote:
I can't be the only one who wouldn't be inspired by a colour... an image, probably. Not a colour though.

Really? Huh. It would be difficult for sure, but...red, for instance, would be music with urgency or fire to it. Orange would be bright and smooth and sparky and punchy. I don't know, it'd be difficult for sure, but I think it'd be cool for sure too. And you could always just use the emotion that correlates with that color to make it easier. Blue is easy, just make sad music.
And maybe it is more difficult than I think, since I know nothing about music, I just apply abstract adjectives to it that are maybe more difficult to exactly pin down musically.
Facetious

Pakistan
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 11:06
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Blue is easy, just make sad music.

Eh?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
AlexZangari

United States
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 14:27
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
Really? Huh. It would be difficult for sure, but...red, for instance, would be music with urgency or fire to it. Orange would be bright and smooth and sparky and punchy. I don't know, it'd be difficult for sure, but I think it'd be cool for sure too. And you could always just use the emotion that correlates with that color to make it easier. Blue is easy, just make sad music.
And maybe it is more difficult than I think, since I know nothing about music, I just apply abstract adjectives to it that are maybe more difficult to exactly pin down musically.

I guess the way I think of it, I see thousands of colours every day and never do I stop and say "wow, that colour really speaks to me." As for images, those are often very inspiring. Get where I'm coming from? I suppose if I tried to find inspiration in a colour I could though.
  • Posted: 09/17/2013 20:44
  • Post subject:
Facetious wrote:
Eh?

Or calming music. XD

AlexZangari wrote:
I guess the way I think of it, I see thousands of colours every day and never do I stop and say "wow, that colour really speaks to me." As for images, those are often very inspiring. Get where I'm coming from? I suppose if I tried to find inspiration in a colour I could though.

Yeah, I get it. It is best to make it more natural and not feel forced, so, yeah, you're right.
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia
  • Posted: 09/19/2013 22:46
  • Post subject:
Thankyou to everyone that has listened to or downloaded BEAM. Keep letting the public know about this!

I hope sometime soon to see another release from the talented artists here.
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia
  • Posted: 09/21/2013 03:15
  • Post subject:
ADDED TO BEA!
  • Visit poster's website
AlexZangari

United States
  • Posted: 09/26/2013 22:21
  • Post subject:
A message I sent to harkan; we are curious to hear opinions on this from everybody else:

So I have this idea I would like to try, but it's not exactly suitable for BEAM 2 as it's not really an idea for a mixtape, but rather for a collaborative album. What I'm envisioning is putting this project together one song at a time. Someone will make a starter track, then we all listen to it and whoever happens to be particularly inspired by it can then take claim to making the next song, where they can draw influence from the previous track and build off of it thematically, musically, etc. It's a little complicated, so I'd like your input on it. Is it a good idea? And if it is, could it work?