Family album playlist

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 11/22/2013 23:23
  • Post subject:
I had a rich music listening childhood available but I didn't really get into music until after my parents divorced into middle school. But:

My father listened to Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, Hi De Hi De Ho by Cab Calloway, Goose Creek Symphony's Established 1970, At Folsom Prison by Johnny Cash, Radio-Activity by Kraftwerk, some Frank Zappa, Moondog, and Beefheart records as well as early prog (The Nice, The Moody Blues, Procul Harum).

My mother was all about pop/contemporary stuff and singer/songwriter material; Neil Diamond, James Taylor, Anne Murray, Stevie Nicks, George Jones, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, ABBA, and so on.
  • Visit poster's website
Evandar

• Posted: 11/22/2013 23:41
  • Post subject:
Gah, this is difficult. My dad kinda stopped being passionate about music long before I realized it was the best thing in life, but he was a Beatles fan in his youth. Same with mom, though she retains some of that passion, even if it's in a "Oh-I-love-that-song-whatever-it-is-called"-kind of way. Very Happy One of them also had to be a Cliff Richard fan, because I wore out a best-of tape when I was young, I just loved the music on that cassette (!). I rediscovered some of those songs many years later, and my favourites include "A Voice in the Wilderness", "I Love You", "Nine Times out of Ten", "Please Don't Tease, and "Travellin' Light". Extremely good memories, goddammit, I almost want to sob from nostalgia now. Curse your thread! :p

My brother was listening to all sorts of popular stuff at the time, from Madonna to George Michael to Michael Jackson. I would soon enough tune into what Michael Jackson was doing, and become a fanboi proper. My sister loved Roxette, and probably lots of other contemporary artists. Both were mostly into pop stuff, though.

My favourite stuff when I was a kid? I guess that Cliff Richard tape, anything by Michael Jackson, and for some weird reason, "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham!. ^_^
  • Visit poster's website