Studies, jobs, etc.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: So what are your days filled with?
Studies
52%
 52%  [19]
A job
13%
 13%  [5]
Both because I'm really intelligent
11%
 11%  [4]
I'm a professional music listener, I have no time for this shit
22%
 22%  [8]
Total Votes : 36

ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/26/2014 21:51
  • Post subject:
None of the above. Was a cinema projectionist for the best part of 20 years. I'm currently unable to work but have my sights set on training to become a counsellor.
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 02/26/2014 22:10
  • Post subject:
In final year of civil engineering and its mostly boring as, only chose it because i thought i had to do sonething at uni and this seemed like the least boring. Works out ok though, decided about halfway through I wanted to be a maths teacher which I can do from an engineering course, which is lucky I suppose. Got around three months left before i finish and the workload has got so hectic, spent all of today on a cw and probably most of tonight too, talking ten or so pages of calcs for a two line problem. It's dull because you can get software to do it in minutes, and irrelevant to me being a teacher anyway, oh well. Got dissertation and design project in for a month or so aswell and just cannot be bother with any of it tbh, I'd like my course to end now. Next year I stay at uni to do a teaching course which I'm pretty excited for.

Only finding time to type this on the train home, then more beam analysis, engineering is boring drakonium don't do it.

Also, iPhone typing paragraphs is effort, only time ill post bea from my phone.
Wombi

• Posted: 02/27/2014 03:37
  • Post subject:
Mix of 2nd and 3rd year Of Psychology. At this point I'm intending on doing another 6-7 years study so I can get my PhD but we'll see I might just want to get out and work much sooner than that.

Recently (as in a week ago) lost my job at an office so on the lookout for a job.
creator

United States

• Posted: 02/27/2014 03:48
  • Post subject:
I have a bachelors and masters in physics, but I'm hoping to get a PhD in applied mathematics. Physics is more fun with mathematics. Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 02/27/2014 03:55
  • Post subject:
Work two jobs - one at a new age tea shop and selling kitchen appliances to yuppies at another. I dropped out of law to pursue a path in creative writing and film studies (my parents are very proud); on the side I do modeling, though would also like to start giving cheap haircuts.

Used to volunteer for music zines around the city interviewing bands, thinking of getting back into that, too.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Jjjoniee

United States

• Posted: 02/27/2014 05:03
  • Post subject:
Well I'm a junior in high school who recently got into music and this website via my friend, I think he goes by SilverWalrus on this site.

Anyways, I'm a junior in HS in a town in Silicon Valley full of rich white kids, getting ready to go to college on the west coast somewhere. When I'm not listening to music or doing school stuff, I'm either at the gym, playing super smash brothers or settlers of catan with my friends, or walking dogs for pocket money.
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 02/27/2014 07:48
  • Post subject:
I currently work a crap-tastic retail job for survival, plan to either study a bit to become a Teaching Assistant or finally get that cosmetology certificate. I dropped out of (community) college a long while back, but plan to go back to school at some point. The only question is if I can still afford to live in Austin when my sweet ride (KKS's spare room) ends, if not then up to Denver, Pittsburgh or Nashville I go and will just further delay my attempt at finding affordable education. Anyways these days are busy but dead boring.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 02/28/2014 02:17
  • Post subject:
You phd types are impressive... in terms of dedication and insanity.

I'm finishing off my Masters in Psychology. I work as a counsellor. Working and studying is for smart people? I guess... or really silly people.
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 02/28/2014 05:39
  • Post subject:
I'm doing my O Levels, in the first year of the session currently. Apart from the "compulsory subjects" (Pakistan Studies [which includes its History and Environment], English Language, Urdu Language, Mathematics and Islamiat [the one subject I wish I could drop]) I'm studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and Additional Mathematics as an extra subject (maybe I'll study Sociology later on too, but I haven't started yet).
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website