Political/Religious Random Chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Happymeal

• Posted: 11/22/2014 20:32
  • Post subject:
bongritsu wrote:

Straight Unconstitutional

I never could comprehend why calling something unconstitutional seems to be a legitimate argument. The constitution should not be considered the ultimate authority on any issues (I mean, this is obviously a stance that not many take, but adherence to anything is dangerous). What matters most is whether the action works in regards to progression rather than what works best according to some 200 year old document.

I would like to also state I haven't researched this situation enough to take a stance about it so this isn't meant to be a "your argument is wrong" statement; for all I know, I could be in agreement with you within the next few days after viewing enough information about it, but I just don't enjoy this argument in particular.
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 11/23/2014 00:00
  • Post subject:
bongritsu wrote:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201...h_did.html

:^)

That's funny, I agree. It's almost like you didn't open the thing I'd linked ... I was referring to the other Bush, as was the article. I agree that Obama's plan is unrelated to either of those, well, not totally dissimilar but not the same thing either. That being said, it sounds a fair lot like Dubya's plan (or the McCain-Kolbe-Flake plan, which was basically the same thing).

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 12/10/2014 06:23
  • Post subject:
did anyone else read the declassified CIA interrogation report? its fucking bonkers.

I was going into this thing expecting some terrible shit but it really exceeded my expectations.

They were literally shoving hummus up peoples ass.

its here if you want it:
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/stud...study1.pdf

im sure you can find a tl;dr version of it if you wanna

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 01/21/2015 19:01
  • Post subject:
the World Economic Forum is pretty much always bad and pointless but it is streaming

http://www.weforum.org/

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
revolver94
professional dilettante

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2015 23:22
  • Post subject:
Just got out of a protest march against police brutality towards Black people, really powerful stuff. will definitely look to get more involved with social justice activism after this experience. if youre similarly minded, i highly recommend!

Last.fm
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 05/05/2015 17:07
  • Post subject:
revolver94 wrote:
Just got out of a protest march against police brutality towards Black people, really powerful stuff. will definitely look to get more involved with social justice activism after this experience. if youre similarly minded, i highly recommend!

How long does it take for that soros check to clear?

I kid

Political activism is pretty invigorating though. I gotta go a rally, haven't been to one since last spring Mad

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 06/09/2015 01:45
  • Post subject:
This week or so has been interesting for misogyny and homophobia in music and their opponents. First we had NXNE cancel a public Action Bronson show after thousands of people signed a petition against his performance, citing lyrics that contain violence against women. Then Mark Kozelek said some dumb shit on stage again, and I'm fairly positive we haven't seen the full backlash concerning that. And finally, this article popped up on my fb feed today.

So what are your thoughts on this? While I wouldn't like to condone misogynistic and homophobic behaviors, implicitly or otherwise, I find it troubling that musical careers and reception are in danger because people don't agree with something outside of the music (at least in Kozelek's and that EDM musician's case). And where do we draw the line between violence and hurting people's feelings, because it seems to be thinning?
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 06/09/2015 03:36
  • Post subject:
Kozelek's a dick, Action Bronson lyrics aren't the most politically correct, and Ten Walls' post definitely falls deep in the "homophobia" side of things, but they're absolutely free to say them disregarding the feels. People are absolutely free to criticize them as well, though. I mean, I definitely couldn't care less about musicians' private lives and opinions, but other people might care about their preferred artists' opinions on social issues. In the end, your feelings are your own and people don't have to go out of their way to make sure they aren't hurt.
  • Visit poster's website
Gigantic

Christmas Island

• Posted: 06/15/2015 16:47
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
This week or so has been interesting for misogyny and homophobia in music and their opponents. First we had NXNE cancel a public Action Bronson show after thousands of people signed a petition against his performance, citing lyrics that contain violence against women. Then Mark Kozelek said some dumb shit on stage again, and I'm fairly positive we haven't seen the full backlash concerning that. And finally, this article popped up on my fb feed today.

So what are your thoughts on this? While I wouldn't like to condone misogynistic and homophobic behaviors, implicitly or otherwise, I find it troubling that musical careers and reception are in danger because people don't agree with something outside of the music (at least in Kozelek's and that EDM musician's case). And where do we draw the line between violence and hurting people's feelings, because it seems to be thinning?

wass looking forward to AB's free show but Shad picked up his spot which is bettr

catching sun kil moon in mtl a while ago was p funny bcuz mark has a weirdly excessive amount of braggadocio considering what he sings abt. like hed go off on a rant about how cool he is and how much tang he gets and then go off into some sadsack uncomfortably-personal song about getting his prepubescint dick touched.

wtf is his deal?

add me on FESTIVE msn messanger

festive signature! ho ho ho!

⛄⛄⛄
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 06/24/2015 11:28
  • Post subject:
Didn't know where to put this, why not here.

So, quite a stir today in France about yesterday's revelations that the French presidency (and selected ministers) has been tapped by the U.S. for a little less than 10 years (i.e. ever since 2006 at least - that would be three presidents), either (or both?) from an installation on the roof of the U.S. embassy in Paris, or (and?) through the German espionage services.

Reactions range from "prudence" and "caution" (the government, obviously) to "burn the embassy", "traitors", "you don't do that to allies", "send the ambassador back home", et caetera. The ambassador, precisely, has been summoned in the Palais de l'Elysée this afternoon. Of course she hardly can be expelled, still curious to know what the U.S. government have up their sleeve in manner of an apology... it has already been stated officially that "President Hollande was not wired as of today", hardly enough I suppose.

Expect the rampant Gaullian anti-Americanism to spring back up in style.
  • Visit poster's website