MLB Baseball American League Which team will win the A.L.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which MLB team will win the A.L. in 2011
Detroit
0%
 0%  [0]
Tampa Bay
16%
 16%  [1]
N.Y. Yankees
16%
 16%  [1]
L.A. Angels
0%
 0%  [0]
Cleveland
0%
 0%  [0]
Texas
0%
 0%  [0]
Chicago White Sox
16%
 16%  [1]
Boston
16%
 16%  [1]
Seattle
0%
 0%  [0]
Toronto
33%
 33%  [2]
Baltimore
0%
 0%  [0]
Minnesota
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 6

kidamnesiac

• Posted: 07/01/2011 01:24
  • Post subject:
my dad, my mom and 4 of my uncles played major college tennis, so i played from three-thirteen, got burned out and quit and just played baseball instead of both. But anyways i had friends who barely played tennis but were still decent, its extremely hard to barely play golf and be decent. THere is alot more going on, alot more moving parts in golf. Its not easy trying to be good except for exceptions when poeple just have a natural swing.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/01/2011 02:42
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
my dad, my mom and 4 of my uncles played major college tennis, so i played from three-thirteen, got burned out and quit and just played baseball instead of both. But anyways i had friends who barely played tennis but were still decent, its extremely hard to barely play golf and be decent. THere is alot more going on, alot more moving parts in golf. Its not easy trying to be good except for exceptions when poeple just have a natural swing.

I know what you mean. I love tennis and have been watching the French, Australian, U.S. and of course the big one played on grass in England Wimbledon Very Happy

I used to play a lot when I was in my teens and even at tournament level. I even prcticed tennis hopping on one leg when I broke my leg. Shocked

I had it real bad for tennis for years. I had a subscription to Tennis magazine (which I still
read) and spent a great deal of money on lessons,tennis clothes, racquets, tennis balls, tennis shoes. I actually had a killer serve at one point and aced many people who were left standing there after getting aced by me with a rather shocked look on their face Laughing

Did you know that lars Ulrich of Metallica played pro tennis before he joined the band Question

Ya, anyone who says tennis is easy and not a sport has obviously never been in a 6-7 4-6 6-4 4-6 6-7 5 set match in 90 degree heat Rolling Eyes

My all time favorite match was when John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg played in the final at Wimbledon in 1980. It went 5 sets and was awesome to watch these 2 great players battle. McEnroe was throwing fits and yelling at the judge and shaking his racquet at him and getting all in his face. While Borg, as always, played it cool the whole time methodically picking McEnroe apart at the end just barely but enough to give Borg the win.

That was the FIFTH STRAIGHT Wimbledon title for Borg Very Happy

Great to know that I'm not the only tennis fan on BEA Very Happy

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 07/01/2011 04:16
  • Post subject:
i think it was his dad that was a pro, he was possibly on his way but quit. Yes long matches in the blistering sun can make you want to quit and go sit in the shade. My parents said i could go to bollittieri's if i wanted to but i said no like the dumbfuck that i am.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/01/2011 04:33
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
i think it was his dad that was a pro, he was possibly on his way but quit. Yes long matches in the blistering sun can make you want to quit and go sit in the shade. My parents said i could go to bollittieri's if i wanted to but i said no like the dumbfuck that i am.

Damn kidamnesiac, you should have gone to Bollittieri's Shocked

What might have been Think

I found this from Tennis Magazine Very Happy

ON COURT WITH LARS ULRICH - 2002

LARS ULRICH IS KNOWN WORLDwide as the drummer and outspoken leader of the heavy-metal band Metallica. But during the 1979-'80 school year, as a 16-year-old student in the second class to attend the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, in Sarasota, Fla., Ulrich was just another face in the crowd.

"Jimmy Arias and Paul Annacone were the stars who got the best court," says Ulrich, whose tennis credentials included a Top 10 junior ranking in his native Denmark. "At the academy, I realized that my ability wasn't enough to be a successful professional--far from it--and the discipline necessary was not in me."

Instead, Lars cofounded Metallica in 1981. But he never gave up tennis. These days he plays once or twice a week. One of his occasional opponents is his father, Torben, the free-spirited ex-pro who remains the oldest player (48 years, 11 months, in 1978) to compete in Davis Cup.

Lars, 38, lives in San Francisco with his wife, Skylar, a doctor, and their sons Myles, 3, and Layne, 1. A day after hitting with Bay Area resident Brad Gilbert, he kicked back at his home and beat the drums for his favorite sport.

STAGE PRESENCE - "I'm the Tasmanian Devil on the court. I'm all over the place. I get very animated and emotionally involved on every level possible."

WHEREVER I MAY ROAM - "I can see where the ball is going before most people I play with do. There's some sort of inbred tennis thing going on."

OFF KEY - "My second serve is so lame! It's tentative under pressure. It goes right in the net."

FAVORITE ROADIE - "I'm fortunate to call John McEnroe a friend. Whenever he's in town, we hang out. Whenever we're in New York, we hang out. We talk about music, we talk about art, we drink a few margaritas."

FAN FARE - "You've got to love the Jennifer Capriati story It's so amazing. It should give everyone faith in what they're aspiring to."

BACKSTAGE - "If I were running the men's tour, a requirement for every player would be to have an interesting personality. I would decide which players had personalities, and for those who didn't have one, they'd be off the tour."

ALL-ACCESS PASS - "Agassi is a true personality. The last player I thought was really interesting was Marcelo Rios, around the five or ten minutes that he peaked."

THE SHOW MUST GO ON - "Watching tennis on television, I don't like seeing all those timeouts. Like 'Hey, let's get a trainer down here so I can get a massage.' It bugs me."

TENNIS MAGAZINE 2002

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/01/2011 05:36
  • Post subject:
THE GREATEST tennis player of all time.

This is Bjorn Borg after winning his FIFTH Wimbledon Title..... IN A ROW Shocked

He also won the Australian
French (6 times)
U.S. (4 times)

Borg won 101 career titles Very Happy

• Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 07/01/2011 06:57
  • Post subject:
eyah my dad was on his nuts
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 07/02/2011 02:57
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:

This is Bjorn Borg after winning his FIFTH Wimbledon Title..... IN A ROW :shock:

French (6 times)
U.S. (4 times)

Borg won 101 career titles :D

And please do remember where he was from.

When I grew up all classes were cancelled while Borg was playing, and a lot of offices and factories temporarily shut down as well so the staff could watch him play.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/02/2011 03:11
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
GARY wrote:

This is Bjorn Borg after winning his FIFTH Wimbledon Title..... IN A ROW Shocked

French (6 times)
U.S. (4 times)

Borg won 101 career titles Very Happy

And please do remember where he was from.

When I grew up all classes were cancelled while Borg was playing, and a lot of offices and factories temporarily shut down as well so the staff could watch him play.

O.K. Borg was from

sweeden

• Visit poster's website
bcaie16

Canada

• Posted: 07/02/2011 04:09
  • Post subject:
Speaking of tennis, how about Milos Raonic, a (gasp) CANADIAN!!
  • Visit poster's website