View previous topic :: View next topic
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 08/28/2017 19:09
  • Post subject:
sethmadsen wrote:
True - what can we do about it?

It's a good question. Either new users should be shepherded to the music opinions thread or perhaps we should start designating official spaces for certain bands that get repeat discussions. As a message board veteran who has been around since usergroups were a thing I would say this won't eliminate the problem entirely but it will minimize it.

Also, people are allowed to be exhausted and dislike things, Seth. Even thread concepts. Let people dislike things.

People have a right to be exhausted and comment in a way that doesn’t incite personal attacks. Of course, negative comments will be received as they likely will but I remind you that I or others are not “bullying” of any sort – we are expressing our exhaustion with discussing the subject many times before. Is our commentary productive or constructive? Maybe not. But sometimes earnest positivity isn’t either. Negative comments have provoked more interesting discussion on this forum than the inverse in my experience.

Words wrote:
Well....we can talk about Tool Very Happy I know you really like them

Do you really, though? Wink
  • Visit poster's website
Words

• Posted: 08/28/2017 23:00
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Do you really, though? Wink

Letsa go! Play some Ecstacy and Wine with a glass of Maynards wine......well I might have to dilute mine Confused
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/29/2017 00:49
  • Post subject:
Words wrote:
Was I coming off as complaining? I don't think I was, I wanted to know everyone's opinion hence the name "Why Radiohead?"
Everything did not have to explode the way it did *sigh*

Anywho glad to hear your opinions (to those who were on topic)
It's a blast to hear other people's opinions on subjects like this (most of Ze time)
Very Happy

Absolutely not. This is exactly the problem - you should be able to ask this question and so should the next new user. Some users are just sick of hearing it because they've been in the forums for 5 years straight and this same question has been asked 4934u94393q84253 times before.

I suppose something like this would be helpful, but I don't think it actually would stop people complaining (and as GOWI stated, this isn't a problem either - other than the fact that it makes new users feel like they aren't welcome) about reviving an old thread asking the same question- search feature for previous topics:
https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/search.php

Last edited by RoundTheBend on 08/29/2017 01:03; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 08/29/2017 00:52
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
It's a good question. Either new users should be shepherded to the music opinions thread or perhaps we should start designating official spaces for certain bands that get repeat discussions. As a message board veteran who has been around since usergroups were a thing I would say this won't eliminate the problem entirely but it will minimize it.

Also, people are allowed to be exhausted and dislike things, Seth. Even thread concepts. Let people dislike things.

People have a right to be exhausted and comment in a way that doesn’t incite personal attacks. Of course, negative comments will be received as they likely will but I remind you that I or others are not “bullying” of any sort – we are expressing our exhaustion with discussing the subject many times before. Is our commentary productive or constructive? Maybe not. But sometimes earnest positivity isn’t either. Negative comments have provoked more interesting discussion on this forum than the inverse in my experience.

Sure - I actually didn't say the word bullying, another user did. I said a form of group elitism.

But fantastic ideas/points.

This probably should be flagged for Albummaster... it's actually what brought me to want to do the ADP thing.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a place to discuss, not just post, on the album/band page?
  • Visit poster's website