Las Vegas concert massacre

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic
Temporary33

• Posted: 10/06/2017 14:42
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I always wonder, when people say "gun control isn't the answer," then what is?

I'm not necessarily for or against gun control nor have the same perspective as those who state that. I think the argument on gun control is fairly trivial and that the owners of media outlet and the insanely rich have everyone in the palms of their hands by making this a visceral argument as well as forcing the narrative on massacres instead of preventing violent crimes and etc. (because saying massacres is the easiest way to get people emotionally armed as well as point towards guns as the primary issue).

However, gun control probably isn't the only answer if it is an answer at all to the issue I'm more concerned with. Generally speaking, the number of crimes reduce as the standard of living increases. So, the most simple answer to this problem is increase the standard of living. Such as improving affordability and access to general necessities, improving the healthcare system and our general ability to take care of the mentally ill, improving the education system and its affordability, and etc.

Assuming everything reaches the optimal level, there'd be very little reason for things such as this to occur even if guns are present.

EDIT:

One more thing I suppose. The number of gun owners in the USA is massive. I'm not certain how pragmatic gun control (or the gun control I imagine people in this thread refer to) may be under this particular scenario regardless of how severe the laws decided on are.
  • Visit poster's website
Muslim-Bigfoot

Location: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

• Posted: 10/07/2017 02:21
  • Post subject:
U.S. is the center of the world culturally, scientifically, technologically, in terms of entertainment and business-wise. Because of this, its population enjoys a whole host of opportunites, modern conveniences, and overall benefits. The cost of surgery for a broken metacarpal ( Laughing ) in U.S. can be north of 15k $. One in 2 working American makes less than 30k a year and the chances of that same person not being able to afford healthcare is above 40%. I earn more than 30k and have never broken my metacarpal and I obviously (pffft) have healthcare; so this situation is obviously fairytale. I don't give two shits that is to say. Nothing wrong here, move along.
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2017 14:33
  • Post subject:
Muslim-Bigfoot wrote:
U.S. is the center of the world culturally, scientifically, technologically, in terms of entertainment and business-wise. Because of this, its population enjoys a whole host of opportunites, modern conveniences, and overall benefits. The cost of surgery for a broken metacarpal ( Laughing ) in U.S. can be north of 15k $. One in 2 working American makes less than 30k a year and the chances of that same person not being able to afford healthcare is above 40%. I earn more than 30k and have never broken my metacarpal and I obviously (pffft) have healthcare; so this situation is obviously fairytale. I don't give two shits that is to say. Nothing wrong here, move along.

r u essentially saying that u occasionally like to throw a punch and not have to pay for it? Razz
  • Visit poster's website