50%  [18]
JUDAS PRIEST
50%
 50%  [18]
Total Votes : 36

purple

• Posted: 01/24/2011 01:54
  • Post subject:
a humorless someone's acting a little childish for 45.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 01/24/2011 02:04
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
a humorless someone's acting a little childish for 45.

Why did you come on here and cut down my question? If you didn't like the question why bother making a comment on it? I assure you purple of this fact.When,or should I say if,you reach the age of 45.You will then realize that the music made in the 60's,70's,& even 80's is far superior to the music that has been made in your lifetime.And you will realize that Judas Priest and Metallica,that you consider shit and piss,are light years better than any band you have on your chart.Just one more thing.I thought I told you to go to your room boy!

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
maxperenchio

• Posted: 01/24/2011 21:40
  • Post subject:
This thread just got awesome.

It's an interesting comparison. Metallica is certainly the bigger band- and a band whose best known songs actually somewhat represent their larger catalog. Priest's best known songs like "Living After Midnight" are kind of hilarious parodies of their really awesome tunes like "Let Us Prey/Call For the Priest". I think I like Priest a little bit better, but I listen to both fairly regularly.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 01/24/2011 21:58
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
purple wrote:
damn straight I haven't listened to those albums, usually can't get through an entire song. At least I can somewhat enjoy Ride the Lightning and some of Metallica's singles. And yeah, drinking piss vs. eating shit is my thoughts on your comparison, which is pretty much why you post in the forums, to get other's thoughts. Personally I believe Metallica would be the piss and Priest the shit, but that's just me

to quote Naples,

METALLICA FTW

Go to your room purple and listen to your shitty music.Grown up's are talking.

That's right. The "grown ups" are talking about two bands that are / were most popular with adolescent boys. Razz
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:09
  • Post subject:
nah, when I grow up I'll say music from the 80s/90s/00s is infinitely better than anything. that's how the whole process works, kind of like how your parents think Metallica and Judas Priest are shit (and piss) and probably love big band or something. by now you have to realize I keep coming back because you react to it, and it's fun. Also, the bands on my chart are only limited to punk albums, and that you think either Metallica or Judas Priest is better than the Stooges or Clash made me giggle

also, this comment above is hilarious
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:16
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
GARY wrote:
purple wrote:
damn straight I haven't listened to those albums, usually can't get through an entire song. At least I can somewhat enjoy Ride the Lightning and some of Metallica's singles. And yeah, drinking piss vs. eating shit is my thoughts on your comparison, which is pretty much why you post in the forums, to get other's thoughts. Personally I believe Metallica would be the piss and Priest the shit, but that's just me

to quote Naples,

METALLICA FTW

Go to your room purple and listen to your shitty music.Grown up's are talking.

That's right. The "grown ups" are talking about two bands that are / were most popular with adolescent boys. Razz

How amusing Mr. Shankly.So here we have another one that comes on here to enlighten us with his fantastical musical perceptiveness.NOT.No what we have is another purple.And another reason why out of the 9,439 registered users on G.A.E. only a handfull of the same people post on these forums.You spend your time cutting down my questions(just where the Hell are your fascinating questions on this site Mr. Shankly?) You come on here pretty much every day so where are all of your questions? Oh,that's right,you just come on here to cut down other people and enchant us with your masterful wit.And just like purple you don't come on this post to give an opinion on my findings that Judas Priest has made better albums than Metallica.Nooooop.But I will indulge you by responding to your bedazzling comment on my post here.What on God's earth does your comment have to do with the quality of the albums that a band has been making for over 36 years? Does it bring you great joy in coming on this site and proclaiming your cluelessness for all to see? Judas Priest is popular with a wide variety of people and of ALL ages.They are STILL making great music.When I go on utube and watch Priest video's I read the comments and look at the likes and dislikes.The vast majority of them are from people who say things like"this is the best music and much better than what nonsense they are calling music today" From tweens,teens,people my age and even people a lot older than me.You have REM on your chart for example.Do you happen to know who made REM popular are the only reason anyone even knows who the Hell REM is? KIDS in High school and college.Why don't you crawl back under your rock now Mr. Shanky.While your under there try using your massive intellect and come up with a good question or answer for the forums on this site instead of being just another pain in my ass.

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:19
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
nah, when I grow up I'll say music from the 80s/90s/00s is infinitely better than anything. that's how the whole process works, kind of like how your parents think Metallica and Judas Priest are shit (and piss) and probably love big band or something. by now you have to realize I keep coming back because you react to it, and it's fun. Also, the bands on my chart are only limited to punk albums, and that you think either Metallica or Judas Priest is better than the Stooges or Clash made me giggle

also, this comment above is hilarious

And you make me giggle purple.

• Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:27
  • Post subject:
love to make people laugh. and for the record, I clearly stated I would choose Metallica over Judas Priest in my second post. also: (1) if you don't enjoy the interjections of users on various topics on these forums, gtfo; (2) what is G.A.E.; and (3) what's up with your space bar?

edit: wait, I just got it, greatest albums ever, 'gay'
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:43
  • Post subject:
Purple changed his name to Gay.Well,I did have my suspicions.Thanks for clearing that up purple.No,don't get me wrong,I like the interactions.I'm just an old musician who used to have my own recording studio back in the 80's and 90's.I defend the music I like because it's a part of me.All I am asking,in case you didn't understand the first 3 times I tried to explain this,is that you at least give an opinion on my statement.Mr.Shanky just came on to stir the pot.So I agree with you.If you don't like my question gtfo of it and answer another one.I have nothing against the Stooges.Great band.But the Clash are the most overrated of the overrated on this site.O.K. I will not use the name of this site so as to not make you whine.I will call this purple's site.

• Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/25/2011 01:46
  • Post subject:
well, it's kind of in the top left: Best Ever Albums, B.E.A. not 'gay'