Song Quote Suggestions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
undefined

• Posted: 08/01/2016 18:03
  • Post subject:
"We're lost in music, caught in the trap, no turning back" -Sister Sledge
"Okay ladies, now let's get in formation" -Beyonce
"I might sell a brick on my birthday, 36 years of doing dirt like it's Earth Day" -Pusha T
"Bitch better have my money" -Rihanna
"The same motion that moves the hips, has the same effect on dominoes when tipped" -Vast Aire
"He don't love me, he just want me for my artistry. And I can tell, so I bone him and I bail" -Kamaiyah
"There's just one kind of favor I'll ask of you, you can see that my grave is kept clean" -Blind Lemon Jefferson
"I took a humanities class. I'm romantic like that." -Milo
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/02/2016 09:04
  • Post subject:
Thank you for everybody's submissions. Listed below are all of the suggestions put forward since the last time we voted. I've trimmed the list by culling quotes over 80 characters, I've removed some duplicates that are already on the site, some that contain profanity, and others I've trimmed down to size where I could. 80 characters isn't a hard and fast rule, I've allowed several in the low 80s where the artist name is fairly short.

To make the vote easier to keep track of, each lyric has been assigned a sequence number.

Please keep the sequence number in your votes, or they won't be counted (sorry). There's no extra work for people to do since all you have to do is copy and paste the selections below (everything after the *** markers) into your post and delete the quotes you don't like.

Only your first post will count, so please try to get it right first time. Please don't vote twice or re-edit your vote afterwards (e.g. to change your mind after you've already voted) as this just complicates the tallying up of votes.

There are 191 quotes to pick from. I suggest everyone pick a maximum of 60 favourites, and the ones receiving the most votes in the next seven days will be added to the site. (If you list more than the stated number of votes, extra entries beyond the maximum will not be counted.)

The winning quotes will be tidied up/verified/corrected once the voting is complete, but if anyone spots any major errors, don't be shy to let me know! None of these quotes have been checked for correctness yet. These are pretty much directly copied from people's submissions with minor alterations to get them into one list. The list below will be updated for any corrections that people report in subsequent replies, and any duplicates already on the site will be removed.

001. I am the lord of loneliness - $uicideboy$
002. Just spoke with death, he said he hopes for the best - $uicideboy$
003. Said they all wanna live but I just wanna die - $uicideboy$
004. Hipster by heart, but I can tell you how the streets feel - A$AP Rocky
005. I smoked away my brain, I think I’m going dumb - A$AP Rocky
006. Lord, don't leave me all alone - A$AP Rocky
007. Everything you ever stood up for is keeling over - Aesop Rock
008. She says, 'I'm not your enemy', I said, 'That sounds like something that my enemy would say' - Aesop Rock
009. Does God bless your transsexual heart, true trans soul rebel? - Against Me
010. Hang like a cross around my neck, You're gonna hang, you're gonna hang - Against Me
011. Even if your love was unconditional, it still wouldn't be enough to save me - Against Me
012. It's all over baby but I'm still young - Angel Olsen
013. Hold onto your youth, you're young as you feel and that's the truth - Anvil
014. Cry, oh angel cry. Your favorite disciple is tearing out his eyes - Asaf Avidan
015. I love you like a Jew on the run - Asaf Avidan
016. Is this it? Honey, is this really it? This is it. - Asaf Avidan
017. Let's say that it's okay, and just leave it at that. - Asaf Avidan
018. There go both of my Achilles' heels - Asaf Avidan
019. What I say when I say that I miss you, is that I will always love me more - Asaf Avidan
020. Another season's changing, and I'm just getting old - Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
021. Don't you know, you got it right the first time - Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
022. I'm a gamblin' man, I am, but I like it when the odds are low - Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
023. It hurts like a jet plane takin' off - Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
024. She can make the birds and bees get down on their little knees - Asaf Avidan & the Mojos
025. Want my last look to be the moon in your eyes - Songs: Ohia - Babybird
026. Okay ladies, now let's get in formation - Beyonce
028. Born yesterday but we stayed up all night - Billy Woods
029. Today, I wrote nothing. - Billy Woods
030. There's just one kind of favor I'll ask of you, you can see that my grave is kept clean - Blind Lemon Jefferson
031. They'll stone you when you're playing your guitar - Bob Dylan
032. They'll stone you when you're riding in your car - Bob Dylan
033. It's girls like you that make my think I'm better off at home on a Saturday night - Brand New
034. Every dead is ate by worms and once they’re gone they don’t return - Brand New
035. You have nice knees - Chalk Talk
036. Bagging up grams at the Hyatt though, the news called it crack, I called it diet coke - Clipse
037. I'm not suicidal, just idling insignificantly - Courtney Barnett
038. Don't worry, if there's hell below, we're all gonna go! - Curtis Mayfield
039. I dream of you in colors that don’t exist - dandelion hands
040. Look up here, I'm in heaven - David Bowie
041. And you whisper to yourself, 'Why must a man change his ways?' - Deep Sea Diver
043. These are tears of joy cried the weeping willow - Dr Dog
044. All my niggas need hugs for daily trauma dealings - Euclid
045. Dreadlocked Jesus, take the wheel before I plow civilians - Euclid
046. Alles klar, Herr Kommissar? - Falco
047. A good shot, man - Filter
048. I'm scared that everything I do will replace my memories of you. - Fist Benders
049. Like learning to paint, you can scrape together love and cry - Fist Benders
050. All I want is to find myself in anyone - flatsound
051. I can’t wait until i see your face and my brain thinks that it’s looking at a stranger - flatsound
052. I'm so tired of everything I do, but with you - it was new - flatsound
053. Neil said that I don’t need him, I want to believe that I really don’t need him - flatsound
054. I am inadequate because I can't make you see yourself the way I wish you could - Flowers Taped to Pens
055. I can't regret my regret to you - Flowers Taped To Pens
056. I'm tired of the person in the puddle not looking forward to tomorrow - Flowers Taped to Pens
057. Your hadal lune locked up in eighteenth stairs disintegrates in prayer - Foxing
058. Money can’t buy happiness but neither can just being poor - Freakwater
059. I only think of you on two occasions, that's when I'm drunk and when I'm blazin' up - Freddie Gibbs
060. A nigga was depressed now my mind back healthy. - Future
061. Baptized inside purple Actavis - Future
062. I'm an addict and I can't even hide it - Future
063. Tried to make me a pop star and they made a monster. - Future
064. Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept? - Ghostface Killah
065. Why you looking for harmony, there's harmony in everything - Grimes
066. They say plenty more fish, I say Amoco Cadiz - Half Man Half Biscuit
067. And hanging from the playground wasn't wrong, until you got a rope around your neck - Isaiah Rashad
068. Champagne apocalypse - James Ferraro
069. Take down the flags of ownership, the walls are falling down - John Cale
071. And I love you like Kanye loves Kanye - Kanye West
072. How do you console my mom or give her light support, telling her her son's on life support? - Kanye West
073. I turn strawmen to monsters and line their mouths with knives - Kevin Devine
074. The office to the coffin all our time and talent wasted - Kevin Devine
075. If I was in your blood, then you wouldn't be so ugly - Kid Creole and the Coconuts
076. Make a new cult every day to suit your affairs - Belle & Sebastian - Kiki Dee
077. Strands of light across a bedroom floor - Kiki Dee
078. Doctor told me eat my veggies, I'm smokin' broccoli - Kodak Black
079. Wir fah'rn auf der Autobahn - Kraftwerk
080. You think you gonna reach for my jewelry? ?You can have it, I hope you let God see - Lil Herb
081. Snap ya fingers! - Lil Jon
082. You got such pretty eyes for a snake - Magnolia Electric Co
083. My first tat symbolized I can't afford a watch, now I'm stacking up a lot, still feel broke - Main Attrakionz
084. You know, I'd love to be your conscience when it calls. - Matthew Good
085. You gotta be startin’ something - Michael Jackson
086. Before I wrote my first rap, I learned how to be totally silent - Milo
087. Came with two hands and smacks for Mac Millers - Milo
088. I took a humanities class. I'm romantic like that - Milo
089. It's never art for art's sake, despite whatever the corpse of a Marxist thinks - Milo
090. Moved to California just to mispronounce the weed strains - Milo
091. On the perfect day I tap my crew before seppuku - Milo
092. This is an encyclopedia containing the Latin names of the ugliest parts of my insides - Milo
093. We, Urban Outfitters, would like to make a t-shirt out of your just-born soliloquy - Milo
094. I heard Wal-Mart signed Jason Derulo, then dropped him cause he couldn't sell crew socks - Milo
095. Ive been anywhere, and it’s not what I want - Mitski
096. Me and my sister we hung on the phone watching the news as they looked for Ansel. - Modest Mouse
097. The sunroof is down, oh wow - Modest Mouse
098. I hope when you think of me years down the line you won't have one good thing to say - Mountain Goats
099. I hope I lie and tell everyone you were a good wife, and I hope you die - Mountain Goats
100. All my tears are, all frozen - Palmistry
101. Cinnamon dreams, following me, Like sweet memory, so lemon pretty - Palmistry
102. Hear the chorus the chant is on - Palmistry
103. Scented so sweet, you're potpourri - Palmistry
104. Don't call me daughter - Pearl Jam
105. He let me smoke weed in his truck, if I could convince him if I loved him enough - Perfume Genius
106. I hope there’s room for you up above, or down below - Perfume Genius
107. Boots covered in brain and he laughed until he cried. Resolutely decided that he tried - Pile
108. But I was honest - Pile
109. Cookie crisp - Pile
110. He lives on a playground where he can drink grape juice all day if he wants - Pile
111. He still didn't know if he wanted to get back in the boat - Pile
112. How do you turn this thing off?! - Pile
113. I bought all these books cuz they're better insulation than wallpaper - Pile
114. I know the world turns and it will turn on me - Pile
115. I'm bored of all I can't afford - Pile
116. My name is Daryl Fish and I changed when I turned 21 - Pile
117. My resume, while less than impressive, is consistent. - Pile
118. Not much has changed in the way that that world moves, except now the moon howls too - Pile
119. Oooh dad, why do I have to stay? - Pile
120. Uncle Jill please don't judge me. Or I will kill you for it - Pile
121. You do your best to wish me the worst. Don't flatter yourself by calling it a curse - Pile
122. You look so good with no eyebrows. It really brings out your brow - Pile
123. You say what haunts you now it can haunt me too - Pile
124. Tonight, let's enjoy life - Pitbull
125. England's dancing days are done - PJ Harvey
126. No matter how far I drift, deep waters, won't scare me tonight - Portishead
127. THIS is for the rich, not all of them, just the greedy, the ones who don’t know how to GIVE - Prince
128. Guns Don't Argue - Prince Buster
129. In order to be me, You gotta see what Chief Keef see - Pusha T
130. I might sell a brick on my birthday, 36 years of doing dirt like it's Earth Day - Pusha T
131. He's the beast, he's the beast of Barnsley - Radio Stars
132. They say jump, you say how high - Rage Against The Machine
133. My lily white ass is tickled pink, when I listen to the music that makes me think. - Red Hot Chili Peppers
134. Bitch better have my money - Rihanna
135. I listened to ya mixtape and felt like I was gettin' pranked - Robb Bank$
136. Me and the actress who do the voice of Sakura started dating - Robb Bank$
137. I might like you better if we slept together - Romeo Void
138. Take that L you lose - Roy Wood$
139. Tumblr dreaming riding in a Benz - Roy Wood$
141. This is my job. I don't come around and put out your red light when you work! - Scott Walker
142. Can't keep my hands to myself - Selena Gomez
143. They took my pops away from me so I turn up on everything - Sicko Mobb
145. We're lost in music, caught in the trap, no turning back - Sister Sledge
146. I ain't getting better, I am only getting behind - Songs: Ohia
147. The world is so pale next to you - Songs: Ohia
148. How much is the fish? - Stump
150. A man is an insect is a flame, and God is the old man to blame - Sun City Girls
151. I hope you die in a decent pair of shoes, you got a lot of long walking to do - Sunset Rubdown
152. I walked out, I said 'I’m setting you free', but the monsters turned out to be just trees - Taylor Swift
153. We can't keep living if it's not what we're doing, if all we are doing is waiting for death - The Antlers
154. She's always out making pictures. She's always out making scenes - The Cars
155. When I'm with you I'm happy all the time - The Flatmates
156. I'd like to teach the world to sing In perfect harmony - The Hillside Singers
157. I made you a hood ornament for an oncoming car - The Hotelier
158. Inside yourself there's a child counting stars in their time out of their day - The Hotelier
161. You put my picture in framing. Hung forever. Left me strangling. - The Hotelier
162. People take pictures of each other, Just to prove that they really existed - The Kinks
163. I go to bakeries all day long. There's a lack of sweetness in my life. - The Modern Lovers
164. And the wind began to blow and all the trees began to pant - The Mountain Goats
166. And now I am lying here, I have had too much booze - the Pogues
167. You're always window shopping but never stopping to buy - The Seekers
168. Sometimes the blues is just a passing bird and why can't that always be? - The Tallest Man on Earth
169. I know it gets harder everyday, But the dawn will fade and our skin will flake away - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
170. It’s a life changing decision, Should I leave or try to beat this? - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
171. Now it’s just Rival Schools and mewithoutYou on our car rides - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
172. So beat on the bass drum, make all the spiders run - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
173. We are the walls in formless shapes - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
174. Whenever you find home, we’ll make it more than just a shelter - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
175. Where do the pieces of our dreams recede? Into eyes shut that are opening - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
176. You’ll be home soon but I won’t wait for you, This is gig life - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
177. You Got a big boy knife, just to take her life - Thee Headcoatees
178. A war to end all wars, and the war that came after that - This Heat
179. More equals better, it's what you want - This Heat
180. Tower of Babel, Swahili, it's all Greek to me - This Heat
181. Oh my god, oh my god - Thom Yorke
182. My momma said there'd be days like this, but my daddy never told me - Three Six Mafia
183. I saw water. I felt better - Tigers Jaw
184. You're simply the best - Tina Turner
185. How can I care if it's the caring that's killing me? - Tindersticks
186. The same motion that moves the hips, has the same effect on dominoes when tipped - Vast Aire
187. There's four sides to every story, if these walls could talk they'd probably still ignore me - Viktor Vaughn
188. I should maybe shut my mainframe scum-system of nervousness off - Weatherbox
189. Susanne! You're all that I wanted of a girl, you're all that I need in the world - Weezer
190. I sweat tears but I don't ever cry - Wilco
191. People see me coming and they move to the other side of the road - Camper Van Beethoven

Last edited by albummaster on 08/02/2016 16:39; edited 3 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/02/2016 09:19
  • Post subject:
001. I am the lord of loneliness - $uicideboy$
003. Said they all wanna live but I just wanna die - $uicideboy$
005. I smoked away my brain, I think I’m going dumb - A$AP Rocky
013. Hold onto your youth, you're young as you feel and that's the truth - Anvil
031. They'll stone you when you're playing your guitar - Bob Dylan
063. Tried to make me a pop star and they made a monster. - Future
074. The office to the coffin all our time and talent wasted - Kevin Devine
099. I hope I lie and tell everyone you were a good wife, and I hope you die - Mountain Goats
125. England's dancing days are done - PJ Harvey
126. No matter how far I drift, deep waters, won't scare me tonight - Portishead
127. THIS is for the rich, not all of them, just the greedy, the ones who don’t know how to GIVE - Prince
137. I might like you better if we slept together - Romeo Void
145. We're lost in music, caught in the trap, no turning back - Sister Sledge
162. People take pictures of each other, Just to prove that they really existed - The Kinks
166. And now I am lying here, I have had too much booze - the Pogues
172. So beat on the bass drum, make all the spiders run - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
177. You Got a big boy knife, just to take her life - Thee Headcoatees
184. You're simply the best - Tina Turner
187. There's four sides to every story, if these walls could talk they'd probably still ignore me - Viktor Vaughn

Last edited by albummaster on 08/02/2016 16:40; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 08/02/2016 14:48
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
149. I make terrible music - Sufjan Stevens

I don't think this is a real quote...

Anyway, here are my votes:

008. She says, 'I'm not your enemy', I said, 'That sounds like something that my enemy would say' - Aesop Rock
009. Does God bless your transsexual heart, true trans soul rebel? - Against Me
011. Even if your love was unconditional, it still wouldn't be enough to save me - Against Me
025. Want my last look to be the moon in your eyes - Songs: Ohia
029. Today, I wrote nothing. - Billy Woods
030. There's just one kind of favor I'll ask of you, you can see that my grave is kept clean - Blind Lemon Jefferson
033. It's girls like you that make my think I'm better off at home on a Saturday night - Brand New
035. You have nice knees - Chalk Talk
059. I only think of you on two occasions, that's when I'm drunk and when I'm blazin' up - Freddie Gibbs
064. Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept? - Ghostface Killah
065. Why you looking for harmony, there's harmony in everything - Grimes
072. How do you console my mom or give her light support, telling her her son's on life support? - Kanye West
079. Wir fah'rn auf der Autobahn - Kraftwerk
082. You got such pretty eyes for a snake - Magnolia Electric Co
092. This is an encyclopedia containing the Latin names of the ugliest parts of my insides - Milo
094. I heard Wal-Mart signed Jason Derulo, then dropped him cause he couldn't sell crew socks - Milo
096. Me and my sister we hung on the phone watching the news as they looked for Ansel. - Modest Mouse
098. I hope when you think of me years down the line you won't have one good thing to say - Mountain Goats
104. Don't call me daughter - Pearl Jam
146. I ain't getting better, I am only getting behind - Songs: Ohia
147. The world is so pale next to you - Songs: Ohia
174. Whenever you find home, we’ll make it more than just a shelter - The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/02/2016 16:39
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
I don't think this is a real quote...

Embarassed Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 08/02/2016 17:52
  • Post subject:
130. I might sell a brick on my birthday, 36 years of doing dirt like it's Earth Day - Pusha T
150. A man is an insect is a flame, and God is the old man to blame - Sun City Girls
163. I go to bakeries all day long. There's a lack of sweetness in my life. - The Modern Lovers
178. A war to end all wars, and the war that came after that - This Heat
180. Tower of Babel, Swahili, it's all Greek to me - This Heat
185. How can I care if it's the caring that's killing me? - Tindersticks
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 08/03/2016 02:55
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:

012. It's all over baby but I'm still young - Angel Olsen
105. He let me smoke weed in his truck, if I could convince him if I loved him enough - Perfume Genius
168. Sometimes the blues is just a passing bird and why can't that always be? - The Tallest Man on Earth

These, although the only two I care passionately about are 64 and 130
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/04/2016 11:20
  • Post subject:
Just bumping for any more votes...
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 08/04/2016 22:14
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote: