Ethics

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 09/27/2011 14:51
  • Post subject:
It's not going to get re-categorised, it doesn't belong in the Lounge. Brick wall

Please look at GARY or 19loveless91 earlier posts for reasons why this has been moved. What a fuss over nothing.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 09/27/2011 14:54
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Was the Jewish reporter promoting Christianity? Or was he opposed to murder/killing? I don't think even atheists promote killing.

First of all I googled the guy and he's not Jewish at all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Comfort
(He even talks about Jesus towards the end of the video)

He ignores the entire talking point about abortion - he simply calls it murder, then compares it to holocaust. And yes, he is promoting religious beliefs (come on just watch the last 5-10 minutes of the film), in a very manipulative and deceitful way (BTW the people in the video are either incredibly gullible and stupid or paid actors).
Atheists aren't promoting killing, no, but they (OK not all of them and not only them) disagree on whether abortion actually is murder - of course to them, a month or so old fetus, is not yet what we could call "a human being"
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2011 15:07
  • Post subject:
I am glad you believe Google over the man himself. Did you get to 0:50 where he says he is Jewish? Who else would you like to accuse of lying?

He doesn't manipulate anybody any more than you manipulated albummaster. The fact that you don't see abortion as murder doesn't make his line of questioning any less ethical. We have killed more children in the womb than Hitler in the camps. That doesn't make either event tolerable. OK justify either event. What are your talking points?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/27/2011 15:40
  • Post subject:
Shut up RFNaples, it';s not censorship, if it was than this thread would be deleted.

Also Abortion isn't murder, the fetus isn't even alive or concious.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 09/27/2011 15:41
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
I am glad you believe Google over the man himself. Did you get to 0:50 where he says he is Jewish? Who else would you like to accuse of lying?

He doesn't manipulate anybody any more than you manipulated albummaster. The fact that you don't see abortion as murder doesn't make his line of questioning any less ethical. We have killed more children in the womb than Hitler in the camps. That doesn't make either event tolerable. OK justify either event. What are your talking points?

1.) Google is your friend, use it as much as you can... Apparently the guy was born Jewish, but "accepted Christ as his saviour" when in his 20s. The fact that he declares himself Jewish is one of the reasons why I think he's manipulative. By the way, did you watch the video till the end?
2.) How have I manipulated albummaster exactly?
3.) I won't try to justify either.

But comparing abortion to holocaust is just wrong. Killing a living person is not the same as "killing" a 1 or 2- month old fetus, that is not self aware yet or able to feel. If you think that it is nevertheless "murder", that's fine. I'm not sure on which side I'm on either. But I do feel that a woman should be able to decide for herself.

Now, Comfort compares the "woman's choice to have an abortion" to the "Hitler's choice of killing Jews".. Think what you want about this, but I already gave my opinion and I stand by it - shameless manipulative propaganda.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2011 16:10
  • Post subject:
Being relegated to the land of the unclean is a form of censorship, an imposed stigma.

The fetus is living and has a pulse and fingers, etc. If you put an adult under anesthesia where he could not feel and was not aware of what was happening, would it be OK to then kill the adult?

The author never states that he is a Christian but does use some Jewish and Christian principles apparently believed by those who he is talking with to get them to see the ethical dilemma.

The video covers many ethical choices, good v evil, heaven v hell, adopiton v abortion, ignorance v truth. Watch it. You will be forced to think, if that is OK. Maybe it is better to spend all day worried about Radiohead v The Beatles.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 09/27/2011 16:42
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Being relegated to the land of the unclean is a form of censorship, an imposed stigma.

You've got to be shitting me
Quote:

If you put an adult under anesthesia where he could not feel and was not aware of what was happening, would it be OK to then kill the adult?

Of course not, I value life. But the fetus had never started living. It has not yet developed any senses, and it does not have anything which would compare it to the full grown, adult person. And that's where my point comes from - you can never compare killing of a fetus that has not yet, can't feel and is not aware of self (abortion), with killing of actual, full grown adult people (holocaust).
As I said before, it's this comparison that bothers me the most, I'm not even sure if I would actually describe myself as "pro-abortion" (more of a "pro-choice")
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2011 16:45
  • Post subject:
The video covers the topic of pro-choice also and apparently convinces others they were wrong.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/27/2011 16:48
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
It's not going to get re-categorised, it doesn't belong in the Lounge. Brick wall

Please look at GARY or 19loveless91 earlier posts for reasons why this has been moved. What a fuss over nothing.

I did and neither had originally viewed the entire video either. Mob rules! SNAP decisions are final.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 09/27/2011 16:49
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
(BTW the people in the video are either incredibly gullible and stupid or paid actors).
  • Visit poster's website