Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/28/2014 01:43
  • Post subject:
Kiki wrote:
So they parted ways and the employee thinks they were wrong done by them? Was this person popular?

Popularity isn't an issue (but yes, his was one of the more high-profile programs on CBC). It's more of an issue of private sexual behaviour vs the expectations of a profession in the public eye. Further, there's the question of consent...
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 10/28/2014 02:24
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
Did I miss the discussion about Scotland?

I'm not sure if I would have supported Yes or No, but I'm glad that Alex Salmond didn't pull a Jacques Parizeau...

That was an interesting vote. I wish I could have followed it more.

From what I gathered I would have voted for no. My initial inclination was I would have voted yes because I do believe that a govt can better serve a population of 5 million then they can a population of 50 million. Looking into it though I quickly saw that salmonds plan for post separation was pretty laughable, mostly because of the massive over valuation of scottish oil, naive national defense plan and the poor options for currency conversion.

The yes camp was really poorly run though. It should have never been doubt that yes could lose but the passionless yes campaign probably lost a lot of swing voters. No also probably got a lot of votes from the bizarre decision to open up voting to the 16 and 17 year Olds

Later Looking at the yes camp I got the feeling that the drive to separation was much less about building them selves a better future and national pride then it was about petty resentment for "the British Empire"

Cooler heads prevailed on this one

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 10/28/2014 21:29
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
Popularity isn't an issue (but yes, his was one of the more high-profile programs on CBC). It's more of an issue of private sexual behaviour vs the expectations of a profession in the public eye. Further, there's the question of consent...

So the man believe the company fired for a different reason than what they saying? Shocked It seems a more private matter. I mean if he believe he was fired for one reason he could make it up to take as much money from the company. I mean the company has the right to fire someone but only if fair. On the otherhand he could be right. I guess it will be court who decides in the end. The people handling the case must know a lot more than most.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/29/2014 01:36
  • Post subject:
Kiki wrote:
So the man believe the company fired for a different reason than what they saying? Shocked It seems a more private matter. I mean if he believe he was fired for one reason he could make it up to take as much money from the company. I mean the company has the right to fire someone but only if fair. On the otherhand he could be right. I guess it will be court who decides in the end. The people handling the case must know a lot more than most.

It's pretty clear why he was fired. His private sex life is unseemly to some, and the CBC fired him because their perception of it differs from his. He's admittedly into BDSM, but there's some unproven allegations that it wasn't always consented to. There will be much coming out in the courts... this issues raises questions about consent, and what boundaries we are entitled to between our professional and private lives.
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 10/31/2014 13:48
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
It's pretty clear why he was fired. His private sex life is unseemly to some, and the CBC fired him because their perception of it differs from his. He's admittedly into BDSM, but there's some unproven allegations that it wasn't always consented to. There will be much coming out in the courts... this issues raises questions about consent, and what boundaries we are entitled to between our professional and private lives.

...Oh dear... It seems that more and more women are coming forward, adding to the original report. It looks like that Jian Ghomeshi was committing sexual harrassment and abuse against women. It's tough for women to report abuse when the perpetrator is in a powerful and respected position. More info will come out in the wash, but the alleged behaviour is pretty disgusting.
Kiki

• Posted: 11/01/2014 21:22
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
...Oh dear... It seems that more and more women are coming forward, adding to the original report. It looks like that Jian Ghomeshi was committing sexual harrassment and abuse against women. It's tough for women to report abuse when the perpetrator is in a powerful and respected position. More info will come out in the wash, but the alleged behaviour is pretty disgusting.

It seems they were completely right in firing him. Shocked Well at least they were completely within their right to do so. I mean a company shouldn't have to associate with someone who does such wrong if they choose not to.
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 11/05/2014 03:31
  • Post subject:
Dems are getting blown the Fuck out so far. They already lost 3 seats. They need six seats for Senate control...

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 11/21/2014 17:35
  • Post subject:
Obama to give 4 million illegals procetion
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati.../19316835/
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30150391
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...story.html

Straight Unconstitutional

I guess if you get fucked in the last election this is a pretty good way to get 4 million more voters. I guess hilary is a lock for next election

I fell bad for texas. the social engineering there is dreadful

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 11/22/2014 18:45
  • Post subject:
bongritsu wrote:
Obama to give 4 million illegals procetion
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati.../19316835/
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30150391
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...story.html

Straight Unconstitutional

I guess if you get fucked in the last election this is a pretty good way to get 4 million more voters. I guess hilary is a lock for next election

I fell bad for texas. the social engineering there is dreadful

Wow, this is straight up unheard of! I'm glad this has never happened before on an even larger scale or anything!

*cough*http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/01/08...-concerns/*cough*

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 11/22/2014 18:55
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Wow, this is straight up unheard of! I'm glad this has never happened before on an even larger scale or anything!

*cough*http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/01/08...-concerns/*cough*

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201...h_did.html

:^)

• Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website