• Posted: 12/21/2016 09:54
  • Post subject:
Next someting about SJWs and anti-feminism blah-de-blah-de-blah-blah
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 12/21/2016 09:57
  • Post subject:
Anyways kids stock up on your water and steering wheels ASAP, cause it's gonna be a.... MAD.... few years

• Visit poster's website
Temporary33
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 11:50
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
Like I said

MrFrogger wrote:
People who say racism/sexism doesn't exist are fucking laughable.

I'm surprised, I didn't think you could do the quote inside the quote here.
  • Visit poster's website
Temporary33
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 11:55
  • Post subject:
CryingGameDahlin wrote:
Next someting about SJWs and anti-feminism blah-de-blah-de-blah-blah

Well, if you want a discussion about that, then you should make a thread directly addressing it perhaps.

As for frogger's statement, I'm not particularly looking to go into argument with someone who has pretty much closed off his mind to actually discussing my perspective and subsequently responding to it. When one is so indoctrinated into one's own ideas that they make assumptions based upon a particularly vague sentiment, then it's pretty much impossible to actually create dialogue with them that actually goes somewhere.
  • Visit poster's website
Allabaster
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 14:28
  • Post subject:
I think it is understandable for people to be emotional about these issues, but I fear that the polarization in American politics has become quite poisonous. There is a left wing that has dismissed much of their countrymen as simply deplorable and a right wing that is more ready to put trust in foreign autocrats than their fellow Americans. While racism and sexism may be damaging to individuals in a society, tribalism is a threat to the society itself. I do not think we should feel ourselves justified in dismissing someone's views out of hand if they have shown a willingness to discuss them in good faith.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 12/21/2016 16:13
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
Well, if you want a discussion about that, then you should make a thread directly addressing it perhaps.

And maybe not bring all that knee-jerk anti-SJW screed it into a completely unrelated topic where it doesn't belong, ya get the drift, food for thought.

No on the other hand no I expect any shred of political courtesy to go by the wayside as soon as the next session of congress gets in session, especially if they go through with their promises to vote to repeal Obamacare and not actually do anything till ya know some undetermined date (electoral consequences) or go even further and try to dismantle medicare and get rid of estate/capital gains taxes. I would say get some popcorn, but really I just suggest a two-year-long xanax pill.
  • Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 20:20
  • Post subject:
Temporary33 wrote:
As for frogger's statement, I'm not particularly looking to go into argument with someone who has pretty much closed off his mind to actually discussing my perspective and subsequently responding to it. When one is so indoctrinated into one's own ideas that they make assumptions based upon a particularly vague sentiment, then it's pretty much impossible to actually create dialogue with them that actually goes somewhere. having a rational unbiased view of 2 candidates who aren't even remotely comparable in the amount of danger they bring into their position.

Yea same buddy. Go back to your men's rights rallys or whatever it is you guys do.
  • Visit poster's website
Muslim-Bigfoot

Location: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 21:24
  • Post subject:
Someone whose evaluation of a presidential election is character-based must be younger than 20 or a very naive apolitical adult.
undefined
  • Posted: 12/21/2016 21:42
  • Post subject:
I vote for politicians based purely on who I think could beat up my dad
Allabaster
  • Posted: 12/22/2016 13:27
  • Post subject:
I fear the left has become too dogmatic, falling into the same patterns as the religious fundamentalism that they so despise. This, in turn, gives their enemies the appearance of righteous rebels.

There is nothing praiseworthy about rudeness towards marginalized groups, but neither is there virtue in self-righteous condemnation. The middle way is patience and understanding. It is the most difficult way, to be sure, but the only one that will truly improve the world.