Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
lightmyway
Swimming into view

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2015 16:37
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
The Transformers movie only got 1 vote, which I'm guessing was you? Confused It's in an unranked section at the bottom of the list. Any film with minimal points (less than 50) wasn't ranked.

Ah, that's too bad, too many people are missing out on this masterpiece:

Link

Sadder than any Pixar scene!
  • Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2015 17:50
  • Post subject:
SquishypuffDave wrote:
I didn't vote, but just felt like mentioning that Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is top-tier.

Yessss that was top 25 for me, absolutely wonderful film. Characters were great, and frankly that sequence where you see things going wrong in the cloud and it's all the pinks and blues reminds me of Big Hero 6's parallel dimension thing but years before it. Had to ask, did you see the sequel? I've heard mixed reviews on it but also only know like 2 people that actually saw it.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 10/06/2015 17:52
  • Post subject:
benpaco wrote:
Had to ask, did you see the sequel? I've heard mixed reviews on it but also only know like 2 people that actually saw it.

literally just 90 minutes of food puns
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2015 18:18
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
literally just 90 minutes of food puns

So it's the best movie of all time?

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
ShaneSpear
Thread Killah

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2015 00:23
  • Post subject:
I didn't vote because I didn't have too much to contribute in this category.

I just wanted to say that Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is the superior Batman animated film.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
PanduArya

Indonesia

• Posted: 10/07/2015 12:46
  • Post subject:
SOMEONE NEEDS TO HOST THE '80S POLL
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/07/2015 15:05
  • Post subject:
I think this is the most interesting movie list the forums have come up with yet. Top 5 is basically perfect. I'm on team Wall-E as well. Best pixar film by a mile. My excuse for liking it would probably be considered either immature or offensive so I'll let everyone else defend it's ranking, as plenty seem capable of doing. Lots and lots of stuff I've never heard of. A little shocked by some things but nothing too downright offensive like the 90s list. Makes me wonder what kind of people you really are to be able to ride the dick of an accessible generic film like Shawshank and a dainty art film like Princess Kaguya rather evenly.

After discovering Hitoshi Kon thanks to this poll I was especially looking out for him. Did I miss Millenium Actress? Seemed he was doing quite well until I realized I hadn't seen it on the list.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 10/07/2015 15:26
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
Did I miss Millenium Actress?

Nope. It was #103. I probably only needed to be on one more list to make the top 100.

Quote:
SOMEONE NEEDS TO HOST THE '80S POLL

I'll be too buys for the next while Sad If someone else wishes to do it, all the best to you. If not, I might do it in the future.. just not sure when.
badseed

United States

• Posted: 10/08/2015 18:50
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Nope. It was #103. I probably only needed to be on one more list to make the top 100.

Wow. Rather surprised there. I gathered that it had as much if not more fanfare than any of his other films. I certainly loved it.

For the record I think it might have been me who ranked Transformers but I'm not sure.

Yeah, if somebody wants to do the 80s lets bust it out quick. If we keep going backwards the next 6 decades are far superior. The 80s was probably the worst decade for pretty much everything entertainment related. Just my opinion. I'd love to host something like this but until I get a new PC I can't. My BEA time has been cut from 2 hours a day to 20 minutes a day because my phone is lame.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 10/08/2015 22:27
  • Post subject:
Satie wrote:
i always go back to Pixar for their understated, more human interest type films instead of the large, conceptual epic that Wall-E is, but maybe that's what pushed it over the top, was some convicton that that somehow legitimates it as the most artful. no shade being cast here in saying this, different strokes and all that, and i'm interested in the opinions of people who pushed the consensus of Wall-E as the best.

I definitely understand what you're getting at characterizing the film as this "conceptual epic", which is true to a certain extent but I tend to view its tendencies towards visual and thematic grandiosity to not be the driving force behind the art of the film, but rather the vehicle used to better articulate the very human (ironic seeing as we're talking about two robots) relationship between WALLE and EVA, and explores them as being easily the most lovable and (ironically again) innately human characters in pixar's repertoire. I'm very much of the opinion that no matter how far the film strays into apparent sociopolitical overtone territory, it is fundamentally pixar's most endearingly down-to-earth story, it just happens to be disguised as their most sumptuous