The Mies and Pa show

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mies

• Posted: 06/11/2014 10:22
  • Post subject: The Mies and Pa show
Hello everyone!

I and my italian friend "pa" thought about creating a thread where everyone could post a comment or general thoughts about an album, an artist, a musical genre, or even something regarding Music in general.

We know there are similar threads, but I find the majority of these are only about posting an album and leaving, or focused on actuality and news, or too much random anyway. We want this to be a more constructive thread, in which you leave your idea about an album or an artist or a genre, and other people then can discuss about it.
So: don't post and leave, but write something, even something short but anyway useful to others. There could be recommendations, too, based on a request or a love for something similar, etc. but they should be motivated.

We know maybe there are similar threads, so if you think this is useless, no problem, but I think this could be better. Maybe it's only because I'm creating it, eheh. Also, we're not active everyday here, neither able to write everyday something about a thing. Add the fact we're not english, too. So, we just thought to create this, and see if someone will participate, as we know there are many people here more active than us. Smile

Last edited by Mies on 06/16/2014 09:33; edited 1 time in total
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/11/2014 13:30
  • Post subject:
So the idea is take concepts like the ‘album of the day’ but actually making a centered discussion? I mean yeah, there are other threads meant to do this—but I think threads that make a stance of discussing rather than listing (for example, what are you listening to 80% of the time results in no discussion). I’m still at odds about this thread, but we’ll see where it goes. I mean I’ve often thought about opening a thread exactly like ‘your album of the day’ but I decided against it every time I think about it, haha. Again, see where this goes—I love discussion over points farming.
  • Visit poster's website
pa
as it happens

Italy

• Posted: 06/11/2014 15:34
  • Post subject:
hi everyone!
thanx very much for your intro "mies", it's so nice.
I really don't know how to start but I guess that I can share with you my latest discovery:

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=61721

disconnect by john wesley (porcupine tree sideman, guitarist/vocalist), have a look on this album.

I think he's a great guitar player with brilliant musical intuitions.
  • Visit poster's website
pa
as it happens

Italy

• Posted: 06/11/2014 19:42
  • Post subject:
by the way
to "Gowienczyk": I really liked your death metal chart.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 06/11/2014 21:22
  • Post subject:
Seems a fair enough idea. Smile

I have an album by Amen Dunes here called 'Love'. For the ones who like The Tallest Man On Earth, Jack Johnson, Nick Drake etc etc. Goes across the teritory of each at some point as well as sounding lovely and... just being a bit more than a man with an acoustic guitar.
Mies

• Posted: 06/11/2014 21:52
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:
So the idea is take concepts like the ‘album of the day’ but actually making a centered discussion? I mean yeah, there are other threads meant to do this—but I think threads that make a stance of discussing rather than listing (for example, what are you listening to 80% of the time results in no discussion). I’m still at odds about this thread, but we’ll see where it goes. I mean I’ve often thought about opening a thread exactly like ‘your album of the day’ but I decided against it every time I think about it, haha. Again, see where this goes—I love discussion over points farming.

Am I wrong or a thread called "Your album of the day" already exists?

Anyway, thanks for your interest.
Yeah, we'll see. Well, for what I can see now, today this has not been very active. Laughing (I had in mind to post a question to start, but I've been busy)
I also love discussion, when it's not "this is A" - "no, it's B", I would like to see posts that could be useful to me and others. So "pa" had this idea and I thought it would be good. But yeah, we'll see. Smile
Mies

• Posted: 06/11/2014 21:57
  • Post subject:
pa wrote:
hi everyone!
thanx very much for your intro "mies", it's so nice.
I really don't know how to start but I guess that I can share with you my latest discovery:

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=61721

disconnect by john wesley (porcupine tree sideman, guitarist/vocalist), have a look on this album.

I think he's a great guitar player with brilliant musical intuitions.

Thank you for the idea! Very Happy

Thanks for the album, will listen in a hour! Well, since he's Porcupine Tree's sideman, I can expect something good. Smile
Mies

• Posted: 06/11/2014 22:01
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
Seems a fair enough idea. Smile

I have an album by Amen Dunes here called 'Love'. For the ones who like The Tallest Man On Earth, Jack Johnson, Nick Drake etc etc. Goes across the teritory of each at some point as well as sounding lovely and... just being a bit more than a man with an acoustic guitar.

Thanks for your interest, too. You follow me since the first moment I was on this site!

Anyway, I know Nick Drake only since I am on this site, and I never heard the other two. So I think I'll start with the album Pa put here. But I'll listen to this, too, sooner or later. By your description, I can get it's a warm album. Smile
Mies

• Posted: 06/11/2014 22:03
  • Post subject:
Oh, and you all can call me Rick, if you want. Smile
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/11/2014 23:16
  • Post subject:
Mies wrote:
Am I wrong or a thread called "Your album of the day" already exists?

Anyway, thanks for your interest.
Yeah, we'll see. Well, for what I can see now, today this has not been very active. Laughing (I had in mind to post a question to start, but I've been busy)
I also love discussion, when it's not "this is A" - "no, it's B", I would like to see posts that could be useful to me and others. So "pa" had this idea and I thought it would be good. But yeah, we'll see. Smile

http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0
  • Visit poster's website