The Middle School Thread

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 09/12/2014 01:01
  • Post subject: The Middle School Thread
Just post some of your experiences back in midle school.

In 8th grade, my school had a play of Twelfth Night. Hilarious play, especially when Malvolio whipped out the yellow stockings and cross garters, and when the swordsman came around to defend "Cesario" and Aguecheek ended up running into Sir Toby's arms out of fear (I think it was Toby).
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 09/12/2014 07:26
  • Post subject:
Do you really think I want to remember those torturous days?!
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 09/12/2014 09:00
  • Post subject:
Yeah, I think middle school (if that's what you yanks call it) was a dark period for all of us. All I need to do is scroll down to my early days of Facebook and it's full to the brim with cringe. It's a phase where everyone is still trying to discover who they are and what they're about, a lot of kids turn to do doing dumb shit in an attempt to look zany, others hide themselves away, but it's all fine, that's what the age period is all about. You need to do dumb shit to realize it's dumb.

The one thing that really defined 'middle school' for me was this girl who gradually manipulated all of my friends. She famously cut herself because of her anxiety, but she would show everyone her cuts and try to do it in public for everyone to rush to her and give her comfort. I dismissed it all as attention seeking, which a lot of people saw as being insensitive. It was, in fairness, but the kids who cut themselves and don't tell anyone are the one's you really need to worry about. She dated my best friend for three years, and throughout the entire time she fueled the relationship with drama that the whole school leeched on, it felt like they're needed to be a weekly newsletter to keep up with it. And really I hated that, someone manipulating relationships to be the focus of attention. Eventually I refused to listen to any of the drama, and people would attribute it to me being 'too immature to understand a serious', and that used to really irritate me - we were 14 at the time. I think ultimately it helped me better myself though, rather than getting angry over it I learnt to just distance myself from it, and focus my concentration elsewhere to something that matters. She broke up with my friend a couple of years ago, and this girl has pretty much had a fling with almost all of my other friends, I never understood why they would waste their time with her - but I think they wanted someone to say 'I love you' back, which we all need sometimes. Anyway, my friend and I got blind drunk recently and he expressed how much he wished he'd spent more time with me, which meant a great deal. I think we all learnt something from it, and hey, school is a learning environment.

I'm starting Uni tomorrow, and I'll be able to get away from it all.
WindowAbove

United States

• Posted: 09/12/2014 11:41
  • Post subject:
HazeyTwilight wrote:
Do you really think I want to remember those torturous days?!
  • Visit poster's website
NowhereMan

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 16:21
  • Post subject:
Back in middle school - I presume that's around the age of 14/15/16 back here in Britain I was very much frustrated and inquisitive about almost everything; the fact I realised my parents were not perfect, I was insecure and paranoid in relationships, and was rebellious towards work and my illness.

#1-#100 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3641

#101-#200 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=49444

Check Me Out! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 09/12/2014 16:42
  • Post subject:
JMan needs to see Welcome to the Dollhouse. (Though I was homeschooled through middle school, so it didn't apply to me)
  • Visit poster's website
Mdemauri

United States

• Posted: 09/12/2014 17:19
  • Post subject:
My middle school was a Junior High (7th, 8th and 9th grades). It seems like this was the time a lot of cliques were formed that carried over to high school. Either you were a nerd/dork, jock, or burnout. I enjoyed my junior high days. But I lived in a small community where everyone knew each other.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 09/12/2014 17:25
  • Post subject:
When 7th started, we had to do a book report along with a little project, like a flip book or a slideshow. I chose board game, and the book was Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I drew a whole Wonka Factory Monopoly game, proper size and using the rooms from the books and a few of the actual candies like Nerds or Laffy Taffy. I think the railroads were replaced with the two glass elevators (there were two in the novel), the boat in the Chocolate room, and the weird vehicle in the movie that blew out all that... what is soap? Anyway, the board game got a lot of points and I got a definite A+. I always had a nack for drawing things that interested me back then. And I was pretty much the school artist for two years. I molded a dragon and the Cadillac logo out of clay. The Coloring was great, but the Cadillac logo wasn't... flat. I also won third place in the water conservation calendar contest and I made an 18-inch diameter wheel of fortune out of construction paper and sharpies. Took me a week or two, and I had the colors, numbers, and font on the money (haha pun). Imagine my frustration when I find out a week or two later that they changes a few of the wedges.
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 19:08
  • Post subject:
My mates and I left a sandwich in the music room that was still there when we left and we also put a pizza in a postbox.

We were a thrilling, hardy bunch.
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 09/12/2014 19:10
  • Post subject:
I was in a daze through all of middle school so I can't remember many stories Laughing It was a great time where I made lots of friends.

Despite how good it was it doesn't compare to the freedom of being over 20. This days are wonderful!

By the way fantastic story above Jman Smile