Putting Others Before Self

View previous topic :: View next topic
westcoastmagazine

United States

• Posted: 03/20/2011 13:14
  • Post subject: Putting Others Before Self
People who are wayward from God seek only after happiness. This road is an unfulfilling one because happiness is based upon the moment. When we only think “it’s a nice day,” “that was fun” or “that went well” are all that make us happy, we won’t be happy for long. Happiness is temporal at best.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 03/20/2011 21:25
  • Post subject: Re: Putting Others Before Self
westcoastmagazine wrote:
People who are wayward from God seek only after happiness. This road is an unfulfilling one because happiness is based upon the moment. When we only think “it’s a nice day,” “that was fun” or “that went well” are all that make us happy, we won’t be happy for long. Happiness is temporal at best.

I agree. And if you can't take it with you when you die, it don't mean a thing. Personally, I store my treasures in heaven where a mansion has been prepared for me by the God of the Bible and was the creator of the universe. My God has said that above all else, love one another. He also says we should pray for our enemies and forgiveness is a large part of his message in his letter to us.

What God is it that you are referring to westcoastmagazine?

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Postmodern_Beatnik

United States

• Posted: 03/22/2011 01:21
  • Post subject:
Well of course it's temporal...one doesn't have to look too far to see that people do not contain ecstatic feelings for eternity. I actually see it the other way, which is to say, that the religious life is a life unfulfilled. To follow another beings set of rules does not satisfy anyone's full potential. Only through suffering do I feel fulfilled. Life is not that simple--thus I do not believe in a hedonistic reality.

Just because you are not strong enough to create your own realities morals/ethics and goals doesn't make the rest of us weak like you. We just don't set our heart on some idealistic phony dreamland and we focus on what we have set forth for ourselves.

On a side note, I find it funny how you seem to need approval for your actions from a divine light to feel good about yourself...pacifying behavior.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 03/22/2011 01:46
  • Post subject:
Postmodern_Beatnik wrote:
Well of course it's temporal...one doesn't have to look too far to see that people do not contain ecstatic feelings for eternity. I actually see it the other way, which is to say, that the religious life is a life unfulfilled. To follow another beings set of rules does not satisfy anyone's full potential. Only through suffering do I feel fulfilled. Life is not that simple--thus I do not believe in a hedonistic reality.

Just because you are not strong enough to create your own realities morals/ethics and goals doesn't make the rest of us weak like you. We just don't set our heart on some idealistic phony dreamland and we focus on what we have set forth for ourselves.

On a side note, I find it funny how you seem to need approval for your actions from a divine light to feel good about yourself...pacifying behavior.

Who are you talking to and what does your gibbering have to do with the the topic which, by the way, is HELPING OTHERS.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website