View previous topic :: View next topic
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 04/10/2011 03:12
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
Bork wrote:
I have only had good experiences with the police. The only people I personally know who claim to have been harassed by the police or for other reasons have a low opinion of them are people who have run into trouble with the law for exactly the reasons we want and need a police force. That is not saying there isn't corruption in the police force or people in the profession who should for different reasons not be, but in general they are a group of people who put their life on the line every day with a limited paycheck to show for it. I can understand that people have respect for them.

What about the troops fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan etc? Not that I want them there but they are. They are in constant danger, just driving down the road can get them killed by a roadside bomb. They are paid SQUAT. And when a soldier dies it's like O well, lost another one. But when a cop dies there is a HUGE display of respect with hundreds of other officers and people at their funurel and it is shown on Natinal Tv networks.

You do know that MOST cops during their career never fire their weapon on duty?

But we have soldiers who have been at war for 10 years now. And they do fire their weapons.

When the American servicemen came back from Vietnam they were called "baby killers"

But when a Cop shoots an innocent person "by mistake" they get suspended WITH PAY. Then they work behind a desk until it all blows over and nobody is paying attention anymore then they go back on the streets to mess with homeless people and people with an open beer or a little weed on them.

I don't really see why police officers should be spat on because soldiers don't get the respect they deserve.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/10/2011 03:29
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
GARY wrote:
Bork wrote:
I have only had good experiences with the police. The only people I personally know who claim to have been harassed by the police or for other reasons have a low opinion of them are people who have run into trouble with the law for exactly the reasons we want and need a police force. That is not saying there isn't corruption in the police force or people in the profession who should for different reasons not be, but in general they are a group of people who put their life on the line every day with a limited paycheck to show for it. I can understand that people have respect for them.

What about the troops fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan etc? Not that I want them there but they are. They are in constant danger, just driving down the road can get them killed by a roadside bomb. They are paid SQUAT. And when a soldier dies it's like O well, lost another one. But when a cop dies there is a HUGE display of respect with hundreds of other officers and people at their funurel and it is shown on Natinal Tv networks.

You do know that MOST cops during their career never fire their weapon on duty?

But we have soldiers who have been at war for 10 years now. And they do fire their weapons.

When the American servicemen came back from Vietnam they were called "baby killers"

But when a Cop shoots an innocent person "by mistake" they get suspended WITH PAY. Then they work behind a desk until it all blows over and nobody is paying attention anymore then they go back on the streets to mess with homeless people and people with an open beer or a little weed on them.

I don't really see why police officers should be spat on because soldiers don't get the respect they deserve.

But that wasn't my point or comment Bork. My problem is with the poll that showed the highest respected proffesion is the police. And as far as your statement about "the only people who seem to have a problem with the police are those that have broken the law" or words to that effect, one does not have to be a convicted felon to realize that the police are out of control and have waaay to much power now.

I'm not talking about like they were back in the day. I'm talking about present day and the fact that we live in a police state. You know what the defenition of a police state is Bork. You reside in one. It's called the United States Of America.

I could sit here for a month and do nothing but post video's of police brutality and the loss of our personal constitutional rights. Especially since 9-11. Do you not mind having your boys grabbed at the airport when you fly? Or do you go through the cancer causing machine?

The United Staes has more people incarcerated than ANY OTHER NATION ON EARTH. Do you think we are really safer now Bork?

In case you don't know, the majority of people in jail are in there for bullshit that 30 years ago would not even gotten you a ticket.

And the majority of people are in prison because they are addicted to drugs and or alcohol.

25 -30 years ago if you were an addict you were able to go to a treatment center. Today they stick your ass in prison, slap a felony on you, and then tell youwhen you get released that you have 60 days to find gainful employment or your going back to the house of pain.

FUCK THE PIGS Evil or Very Mad

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 04/10/2011 06:31
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
I'm talking about present day and the fact that we live in a police state. You know what the defenition of a police state is Bork. You reside in one. It's called the United States Of America.

No we do not live in a police state. The police have very limited powers in the US when compared to actual police states. Granted, the individual freedom is much lower today than it was a hundred years ago and that in itself is a bad thing. When debating how much individual freedom should be limited though one has to take other changes in society into account as well.

GARY wrote:
Do you not mind having your boys grabbed at the airport when you fly? Or do you go through the cancer causing machine?

I fly roughly twice a month and have done so for the last six years. I have never had my boys grabbed at the airport. I had a tooth knocked loose by a security officer once, but that was an accident.

GARY wrote:
The United Staes has more people incarcerated than ANY OTHER NATION ON EARTH. Do you think we are really safer now Bork?

Yes we do have the most people behind the bars, both in absolute and relative terms (probably, the statistics are not perfect). I don't think the reason for that is that policemen are pigs however.

GARY wrote:
In case you don't know, the majority of people in jail are in there for bullshit that 30 years ago would not even gotten you a ticket.

I do think you are exaggerating here. In general people don't go to jail without doing something illegal (there are some morbid exceptions, generally connected to attempts at privatizing the legal system). Again, it can be debated what should and should not be illegal, but that is not a task the police force takes upon itself. That's what we have elected lawmakers for. The police are hired to uphold the law, not to change it.
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/13/2011 03:52
  • Post subject:

Link

Link

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/18/2011 05:12
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2011 22:47
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 04/30/2011 19:55
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2011 00:37
  • Post subject:
Pythagorean Theorem: 24 words
Lord’s Prayer: 66 words
Archimedes’ Principle: 67 words
10 Commandments: 179 words
Gettysburg Address: 286 words
Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words
US Constitution with 27 Amendments: 7,818 words
US Government regulations on sale of cabbage: 26,911 words
etc
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 05/04/2011 00:52
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Pythagorean Theorem: 24 words
Lord’s Prayer: 66 words
Archimedes’ Principle: 67 words
10 Commandments: 179 words
Gettysburg Address: 286 words
Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words
US Constitution with 27 Amendments: 7,818 words
US Government regulations on sale of cabbage: 26,911 words
etc

Truly amazing. And the government just keeps getting bigger and bigger and more powerful every day and people say nothing and do nothing about it.

Pretty sad when it's become almost impossible for the small family farm to make it because of the massive amount of regulations while banks fail and the taxpayers are forced to bail them out.

IMO we have it totally backwards.

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 05/10/2011 09:14
  • Post subject:
America "land of the free"

Laughing

Link

• Visit poster's website