DBZ's (interactive) ULL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
undefined

• Posted: 06/06/2015 04:29
  • Post subject:
I'll get back on this soon. Latter half of the week has proven busy...
undefined

• Posted: 06/07/2015 07:37
  • Post subject:
secretdad wrote:
I dunno if you've heard this one but can you write about it as though you're trying to settle down an unruly mob who wants to drive it out of town for being alternative

Strangers From The Universe by Thinking... Local 282

To all my friends in this community, know that your objections are heard. Truly the impact of Strangers From The Universe on your children, and likely on their children, is tantamount only to the impact that the pro Thinking Fellers Union lobby has on our local economy. But no matter how many times they broadcast the odd wobbly (yet strangely appealing) falsetto in the back of "My Pal the Tortoise" as their propaganda jingle, we know that you find yourselves with an album that may as well be nothing but the nonsense dissonance of "Pull My Pants Up Tight", but much like how this album fades into a quiet departure by it's second half into something of a melancholy Eno-inflected Polvo, the city council hopes to quell your displeasures by announcing that this album will only be sold where light bulbs are sold, allowing it perfect camouflage from the wandering eyes of the youth who may wish to purchase and god forbid listen to the thing. This whole ordeal has had us begin to attempt to have every noisy artsy indie rock album to be repainted into appliance cover art. Children never set foot into hardware stores and currently this is our only hope for preserving the sanctity of non-alternative upbringing. So I insist you calm the unruly nature of your protest, and focus your efforts onto a far more present task, that of lobbying the redesign of the cover art of Unwound's Repetition to look just like a wrench and some bolts. Or maybe like a stack of bricks. Just keep it away from the kids!
undefined

• Posted: 06/07/2015 07:58
  • Post subject:
noWaxJim wrote:

Stone Gon' by Barry White

You've decided to cue this up to accompany the romantic meal you've just cooked for Kiki, who's coming round for 'supper' imminently. But you want to give it a play-thru first, just to ensure it's going to correct the right 'ambiance' (as opposed to a certain Scissor Sisters track). Write about how much each track increases your heart rate and perspiration (measurements for the latter in cm3) until you hear the doorbell ring, you realise the shirt you're wearing now has two big sweat patches in the armpit area and you're now so nervous you decide to run and hide instead, leaving poor Kiki standing at the door in the pouring rain wearing only a smile and a Manic Street Preachers T-Shirt.

Why did I wear such a light colored shirt? Dammit dammit why did I- ok gotta focus, gotta be chill. He's gonna be here soon... I do hope "Girl It's True, Yes I'll Always Love You" sets the right opening mood. I've spent a long time preparing all this microwave ramen to the best of my abilities. I even used bowls. Oh god this building instrumentation... I need to sit down. Jesus he's singing, and jesus I'm sweating, like, a lot. Like I'd say this is approximately a good 2 cm3 of perspiration and I've only been here for 45 seconds. The ramen is getting cold. GAH I'm doing all this wrong. Wow the album's gotten more upbeat now, and... no this is not the time for dancing I'm already sweating enough. 3 cm3? Geez... This is nothing like Let's Have a Kiki. I should've just played it safe and put on Generation Terrorists. I'm sorry Kiki! No snap out of hit. Just wait till he hears the slow crooning of "You're My Baby"... I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea. I just want a romantic dinner over some noodles and... well, I suppose we see where the night takes us. Looks like I'm at 4 cm3 now. Should probably change shirts...

FUCK THAT WAS A DOORBELL NOPE NOPE NOT READY. TO THE PANTRY.

It's dark in here. And I can still hear the Barry White album. Whoa this next track is groovy. Does anyone still say groovy? I wonder if Kiki will think it's weird that I still say groovy... THE DOORBELL WENT OFF AGAIN. Is it... is it raining? No no no ok I gotta get to the door before... no wait my shirt! 4 cm3! There's no time, no time....

I open the door to find him soaked from the raging storm above, but he sees only the one within my heart, and I see only him. I silently invite him into my home while the sly funk of "Never, Never Gonna Give You Up" finds itself in full swing. I see Kiki tapping his toe and that makes me smile. We both find our seats at the dinner table. I blush when he complements my cooking. I reach for the poptarts I have prepared for desert only to find Kiki doing the same. Our hands meet across the table as Barry calmly withdraws his delicate croon. Silence takes hold of the room. Neither of us notice. And as my gaze meet his, in a tacit embrace of the soul, our eyes lock.

The album has ended, but the night has just begun.
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 06/08/2015 17:09
  • Post subject:
hahah this was great stuff man, thanks
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 06/08/2015 17:38
  • Post subject:
secretdad wrote:
hahah this was great stuff man, thanks

thanks for the albums man. some great recs here (and fun stuff to write)

Gowi wrote:
Still waiting for your (actual) thoughts and analysis of this:

Tokarev by Seiko Oomori & The Pink Tokarev

this ULL is now defunct but I will listen to this again (really enjoyed it the first time) and PM you my thoughts (soonish? Don't let me forget!) Smile

thanks again for the music everyone!