Music is doing little for me right now.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 06/16/2015 23:37
  • Post subject: Music is doing little for me right now.
I don't want to listen to favorites or find new music right now. For weeks I have been slowing down with and now there are times I don't want to listen to anything. After 10 years music is begining to do very little for me. It makes me feel sad as it could mean I am losing my identity unless I create a new one so I am able to like music like I did before.

If I were to wait and hope an interest comes back and nothing does I would be sad because it would feel like a part of me has gone missing.
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 06/16/2015 23:45
  • Post subject: Re: Music is doing little for me right now.
Kiki wrote:
It makes me feel sad as it could mean I am losing my identity unless I create a new one...

^Everybody should do this at least once.
bongritsu
电子人 ( cyborg)

Canada

• Posted: 06/17/2015 03:04
  • Post subject:
That's awful. Im sure the passion will find you again soon.

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 06/17/2015 06:08
Kiki wrote:
It makes me feel sad as it could mean I am losing my identity unless I create a new one so I am able to like music like I did before.

If I were to wait and hope an interest comes back and nothing does I would be sad because it would feel like a part of me has gone missing.

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.

Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment. Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/4493.Eckhart_Tolle
  • Visit poster's website
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 06/17/2015 09:54
Kiki wrote:
I don't want to listen to favorites or find new music right now. For weeks I have been slowing down with and now there are times I don't want to listen to anything. After 10 years music is begining to do very little for me. It makes me feel sad as it could mean I am losing my identity unless I create a new one so I am able to like music like I did before.

I've honestly been feeling the same about this too for the past couple of months. Recently I haven't been able to finish any album I've set myself to listen to. Maybe it is because my passion for this medium is dwindling. There is a slight semblance of it coming back because I'll still have some interests in going to concerts and that stuff, but I don't think it will ever be as bright as it once was back in 2013 and 2014. It kinda feels like I'm living a lie honestly.

Maybe creating a new identity for yourself and to get yourself involved in another hobby if you have the time for it is the best route for you to take. Maybe it is best to distance yourself from music for a while to focus on other things. Ever since I got into watching films and reading books, it's provided a new sense of variety for me. And maybe, the thing that made music so great to you might come back after a bit of space.

I know exactly what you're going through, Kiki. I hope you will persevere through this dilemma.
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/17/2015 11:01
SquishypuffDave wrote:
Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others.

Wise words. You are not your thoughts.
Mies

• Posted: 06/17/2015 13:13
  • Post subject:
Yeah, maybe spending time in other interests would help you. Watch movies, read books, draw, write, travel, hang out with friends, etc...
I hope the passion for music will come back though.
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 06/17/2015 13:31
  • Post subject:
I know this feeling quite well, and often I find myself distracted while listening to music. It's weird because the only thing I want to do is listen to music but when I actually do I find it ineffective.

Potato Head Blues is the only thing that I am able to listen to at such times but I'm not sure that's relevant.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 06/17/2015 13:41
ButterThumbz wrote:
Quote:

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others.

Wise words. You are not your thoughts.

That's interesting, I took it to mean just the opposite, that the thoughts that arise from our experiences are all that we are and that we should stop trying to define ourselves beyond that.
manurock

Spain

• Posted: 06/17/2015 14:17
  • Post subject:
It depends on the personality. Every now and then I get tired of listening to music, wait some days and then my love for music is back. Sometimes changing musical style is a good option too. Don't worry, sooner or later you will get your interest back.
ps: Kiki, when I read your comments on people's charts or on the forum I feel like you've listened to every possible album out there. Maybe "reducing the dose" could also work in the future, I don't know.
  • Visit poster's website