HazeyTwilight's ULL 2nd Season (Director's Cut)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
HazeyTwilight
boyfriend in your wet dreams

Ireland

• Posted: 07/08/2015 17:08
  • Post subject:
Yo, thanks for enjoying my ULL so far you guys. Very Happy

meruizh wrote:
Great ULL man. I wonder how do you listen to music normally? I mention this because you seem to put a hell lot lot of thoughts into each album, or is this mainly because you are making the ULL.

For me, even with a 100% focus on an album, it's really hard to figure out an album on the first listen. I need repeated listens to figure out the intention of the album.

I think it's mainly because of the ULL that I get to think about how I would arrange my thoughts. Most of my technique is just to waffle a lot until you get something that shows that you kinda know what you're talking about. Sometimes I rely on preconceived thoughts and dreams to build up my sentences. But, I guess you could say that with the excessive amounts of thoughts in my head is handy at points, it can be a bit impulsive and presumptuous. At least with my last ULL, I could get away with some of the albums because they weren't 2015 releases and we don't know if some of the 2015 releases in this ULL will hold up with time. Maybe it is better to give an album repeat listens to help rationalise your thoughts.
HazeyTwilight

Ireland

• Posted: 07/09/2015 20:16
  • Post subject:
Thursday 9th July

Sorry for my absence today, I went out and had a sentimental but still a really happy day. Now it's time to resume progress. After I've finished listening to a recently leaked release (shh, it's a secret) I'll get back to listening to some albums.
Kiki

• Posted: 07/09/2015 20:43
  • Post subject:
Great thread here! Smile Keep up the good work.
HazeyTwilight

Ireland

• Posted: 07/09/2015 22:56
  • Post subject:
11:20 PM

Dream Sounds by Nagisa Ni Te

Back to stuff I've added to the database. This is an EP (albeit a long one) from Japanese psychedelic-folk band Nagisa Ni Te. Just to let you know that all the albums I added that are featured in this ULL are all on Spotify, either through the new releases and/or recommendations sections. This was a very interesting EP, because it doesn't go for one particular style of your typical indie band. It begins with the 10 minute Neil Young inspired epic with many changes in dynamic. However, the next song sounds like this indie pop band with a bit of dirt under their fingernails. And then it goes back to some Neil Young shit again - this track even draws comparison to the title track from On The Beach (well their name does translate to On A Beach so that makes me not only a racist, but also not very observant). Not that I'm complaining, but I guess that I was expecting something a little more out there and experimental. Heck, the 21 minute closing track isn't as crazy as some tracks with similar lengths are. It is a very pretty guitar noodling track, but I was left a bit underwhelmed by it a little. Maybe their albums are going to be a lot better than the EPs, but if they are going to sound like what I hear on this dragged out to 70+ minutes, then I don't really want to listen to their albums. I'm not mad; I'm just disappointed.
HazeyTwilight

Ireland

• Posted: 07/10/2015 15:38
  • Post subject:
Friday 10th July

4:23 PM

Communion by Years And Years

Another album added to the database; another electronica album. A pattern is starting to emerge here. The problem with these electronic albums is that they would be alright, if In Colour by Jamie xx wasn't the absolute peak of the genre in 2015 and/or possibly of this decade. Anyway, this is an average but also a boring house album. It has some nice sounds and it has potential to so overplayed at the nightclubs, but, aside from that, there's nothing else to add. Give it a miss probably.
HazeyTwilight

Ireland

• Posted: 07/10/2015 19:15
  • Post subject:
Guys, I'm gonna have to abruptly end this ULL. You may have noticed the schedule for this is quite sporadic and how I have been listening to fewer albums with every passing day. Overall, I'm just not enjoying this ULL unlike the first one I did. If you would like to see a better ULL from me, then the first one would be the best recommendation. I guess that may have to do with me not being as big into music as I was back when I was first started. I mean, honestly, I'm more interested in films and anime and I want to invest my time more into them rather than music. I'm sorry that this has to happen, but I was just not enjoying it personally. But, I hope you did enjoy what I did on this ULL, even though I shot myself in the foot quite early on. Let's hope the next user who does this will have a lot more fun with this than I did.