Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 08/17/2016 19:50
  • Post subject: Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016
What Hip Hop albums are you anticipating this year..?

Anything But Words by Banks & Steelz (RZA & Paul Banks)
Release Date: August 26, 2016

And the Anonymous Nobody by De La Soul

Prima Donna by Vince Staples

Untitled by Isaiah Rashad
Release Date: September 02, 2016

Feature Magnetic by Kool Keith
Release Date: September 16, 2016

The Devine Feminine by Mac Miller
Release Date: September 16, 2016

The Healing Component by Mick Jenkins
Release Date: September 23, 2016

The Easy Truth by Apollo Brown & Skyzoo
Release Date: September 30, 2016

Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown
Release Date: September 30, 2016

The Cornerstone of the Corner Store by Vinnie Paz
Release Date: October 28, 2016

Bandana by Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
Release Date: N/A

There's a ton of projects coming out in the next couple months that I'm excited for. Should be a good year for Hip Hop.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 08/17/2016 19:58
  • Post subject:

Exclamation

also anyone hear the new Ka yet?
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/17/2016 20:01
  • Post subject: Re: Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016
Lachapelle wrote:

Hadn't heard about this somehow. Not sure if it'll be moving forward though... Freddie's legal issues look like they could end up being serious.

As for me, I'm really looking forward to the new Danny Brown. I feel like he's at his most comfortable point in his career so far.

Also hoping for the best from Vince Staples. Summertime '06 has grown on me a bit (well.. the first half of it), but I still feel like he could have tightened up the release a bit.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2016 01:49
  • Post subject: Re: Upcoming Hip Hop Albums 2016
Hayden wrote:
Lachapelle wrote:

Hadn't heard about this somehow. Not sure if it'll be moving forward though... Freddie's legal issues look like they could end up being serious.

As for me, I'm really looking forward to the new Danny Brown. I feel like he's at his most comfortable point in his career so far.

Also hoping for the best from Vince Staples. Summertime '06 has grown on me a bit (well.. the first half of it), but I still feel like he could have tightened up the release a bit.

Yeah that was the first thing that came to mind when he got arrested.

Also, Earl and Kendrick are on a track for the new Danny Brown so that's an essential listen for me.

Lastly, I still love Summertime '06, especially the first half, but that last half has been dying on me a bit. I think the EP format will do him justice.

P.S. Don't forget the new Travis Scott on August 26th as well. Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2016 01:52
  • Post subject:
Hopefully Earl can push out some sort of release by the end of this year, if not early next year. I fucking loved IDLS:IDGO, but 10 tracks under a half hour has me hungry for more.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/18/2016 02:50
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
Hopefully Earl can push out some sort of release by the end of this year, if not early next year. I fucking loved IDLS:IDGO, but 10 tracks under a half hour has me hungry for more.

Earl has truly turned into one of the most interesting musicians right now. Easily the best flow in the game, even Kendrick Lamar agrees, but it's what he's doing on top of that that's interesting. Doris is still phenomenal of course, but this direction he's going in is super cool. He's mastered his genre at such a young age, and he's flipping it on it's head. I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside was probably the biggest grower of 2015 for me. It's an incredible release. Sure, it's hip-hop at it's core, but it's barely reminiscent of the genre's sound at all. It's just so raw and bold and personal, and he really didn't care what anyone thought of it. Looking forward to what he's doing next.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 08/18/2016 03:21
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Earl has truly turned into one of the most interesting musicians right now. Easily the best flow in the game, even Kendrick Lamar agrees, but it's what he's doing on top of that that's interesting. Doris is still phenomenal of course, but this direction he's going in is super cool. He's mastered his genre at such a young age, and he's flipping it on it's head. I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside was probably the biggest grower of 2015 for me. It's an incredible release. Sure, it's hip-hop at it's core, but it's barely reminiscent of the genre's sound at all. It's just so raw and bold and personal, and he really didn't care what anyone thought of it. Looking forward to what he's doing next.

Couldn't have said it better myself. He reflects the side of hip-hop I adore the most which is that real introspective and emotional side. How the beat, the tone of voice, and lyrics work together to convey emotions or pack a punch, not necessarily crafting a banger. Earl does that in the exact way you described.

And he was only 21 when that album came out... What am I doing with my life? Haha.

Actually, lemme rephrase this because it sounded so generic after I posted it. When I mean emotional or introspective, I mean really breaking down to understand these feelings and getting a grasp on one's identity. Feelings of paranoia, despair, grief. Not emotional like Drake after a one night stand.
undefined

• Posted: 08/18/2016 08:58
  • Post subject:
Mykki Blanco is gonna be dropping their first proper LP Mykki in September so that is definitely what I'm most hyped for

keep an eye out
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 08/18/2016 19:30
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:

He previewed a handful of new tracks this summer at a festival I went to and they all sounded dope. He's definitely sitting on a new project right now, or at least most of it. He's seems to be sticking to his IDLS sound and I'm more than ok with that. He's really good at making sad music, and his production is getting better and better at creating that depressing atmosphere that I've come to expect from him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got something from him by the end of the year.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Lachapelle

Canada

• Posted: 08/23/2016 19:11
  • Post subject:
L'Orange & Mr. Lif are teaming up for an album dropping October 14th.

The Life & Death of Scenery

Link
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website