2017 Albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rockdrigo

Bolivia

• Posted: 01/02/2017 06:59
  • Post subject:
Although I may be repeating what others said, here is my current list for the year of artists who I know are working on an album (or should be about to released, based on their schedule):
Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Fleet Foxes (Ylajali), Robin Pecknold, Vampire Weekend, Queens Of The Stone Age, Gorillaz, The xx (I See You), St. Vincent, Grizzly Bear, Arctic Monkeys, Father John Misty, The National, Ride, Mac DeMarco, Kanye West (Turbo Grafx 16), Iglooghost, Iceage, Sigur Rós, Sun Kil Moon (Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood), Beck, Massive Attack, MF DOOM & Madlib, Nine Inch Nails, Spiritualized, Slowdive, Alice Glass, Jens Lekman, Lorde, Jesu/Sun Kil Moon (30 Seconds To The Decline Of Planet Earth), Flying Lotus, MGMT, The Jesus And Mary Chain (Damage And Joy), Dirty Projectors, The Horrors, Depeche Mode (Spirit), The Flaming Lips (Oczy Mlody), Mount Eerie, U2 (Songs Of Experience), Grandaddy (Last Place), At The Drive-In, Zach De La Rocha, The Killers, Elbow (Little Fictions), The Shins, Japandroids (Near To The Wild Heart Of Life), Foxygen, Roger Waters

Plus some rumoured releases: Talk Talk, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Wrens, Tool, Portishead, Jay Electronica

Based on hype, this may turn out to be my favorite year of the decade (if not one of the bests of all time). Pretty much every artists that I consider a favorite (and have faith upon) is releasing this year.
  • Visit poster's website
hereforashortime

United States

• Posted: 01/02/2017 15:44
  • Post subject:
I'm really excited for Vampire Weekend's new album, considering I actually thought they had broken up lol
  • Visit poster's website
murmur

• Posted: 01/03/2017 09:20
  • Post subject:

FORGET by Xiu Xiu

new xiu xiu leaked and i realized that not listening to new material from them since 2010 means i've effectively missed half their discography. i used to be really into this band and as you could tell from that statement lost interest. this album reminds me of a lot of the things i liked (a certain degree of eclectic sampling from old weird artists, macabre atmosphere, generally lo-fi sound and feel) as well as the things i didn't (the fact that very few songs go anywhere, over-reliance on Jamie whisper-singing with echo and then half-talking somberly). i need some more time to process it before i can write it up for my new music diary, but i'm curious what more serious xiu heads have to say.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/03/2017 15:13
  • Post subject:
Fucking Roc Marci better drop this year.
Zalmoxis

Mexico

• Posted: 01/03/2017 17:58
  • Post subject:
Arctic Monkeys, The xx, Cloud Nothings, At the Drive-In, Arcade Fire, The Smashing Pumpkins? and A Perfect Circle?.
  • Visit poster's website
akanter14

• Posted: 01/04/2017 03:17
  • Post subject:
Some rumored ones that immediately come to mind are MGMT, Milky Chance, Mac Demarco, Weezer, Kanye, Vampire Weekend, and Gorillaz. In addition, I'm excited about The Flaming Lips, The XX, Foxygen, Japandroids, Cloud Nothings, The Orwells, and Temples
  • Visit poster's website
magpie369

Germany

• Posted: 01/04/2017 15:57
  • Post subject:
Very much looking forward to new albums from Grizzly Bear, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, The National, and Vampire Weekend. It will be interesting to find out how Vampire Weekend are doing without Rostam.

I'm curious about new stuff from The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, Sigur Ros, Beck, and Slowdive. Portishead would also be great.

I must say, however, that I have quite mixed feelings towards the rumours of potential new albums from Talk Talk and Neutral Milk Hotel. Excited on the one hand side, scared that it will be a major disappointment on the other side Very Happy Brick wall Rolling Eyes
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/04/2017 18:38
  • Post subject:
New Jens Lekman in February Smile
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 01/08/2017 06:43
  • Post subject:
In a move I certainly hadn't heard anything about, a new Bowie EP just came out about an hour ago. I've yet to get to listen to it and will probably wait for the morning, but it's got Lazarus and 3 tracks that I don't think had been released previously, which is kinda cool.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
LordMark

Canada

• Posted: 01/08/2017 08:59
  • Post subject:
Although I'm not a huge fan of Reflektor, I do hope that Arcade Fire will release a new album this year.

I also hope the 2017 will be the year when Tool finally release a follow-up to 10,000 Days, but I won't hold my breath for this one.

Massive Attack released some surprisingly good music in 2017 (including "The Spoils"). I would like to hear a new album from them. And while we're on the subject of trip hop, here's hoping Portishead will also release a new album this year.
  • Visit poster's website