What our children's children will still listen to?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
purple

• Posted: 07/29/2011 02:31
  • Post subject:
[quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="bcaie16"]I think Kurt is going to make a comeback. You know, once Dave gets out of the Foo Fighters.[/quote]

And off the mic :lol: :lol:

He is like the Phil Collins of Nirvana[/quote]

True, except Phil Collins has more talent[/quote]

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 02:55
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
bcaie16 wrote:
I think Kurt is going to make a comeback. You know, once Dave gets out of the Foo Fighters.

And off the mic Laughing Laughing

He is like the Phil Collins of Nirvana

True, except Phil Collins has more talent

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I think Phil really showed what he could do and his range of personality on the song Mamma

This song is INTENSE and STILL sends shivers down my spine and I'm serious about that.

Link

This is my favorite Genesis song with Phil on vocals.

Link

And all I got was this silly hat

Last edited by GARY on 07/29/2011 03:05; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:00
  • Post subject:
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

We already know who our children are going to be listening to. Two words: Rabbit Lee.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:03
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

We already know who our children are going to be listening to. Two words: Rabbit Lee.

Ya, and I have two words for you jackwc

And day ain't good mornin Twisted Evil

• Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:10
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:14
  • Post subject:
I was going to critisize the Patrick Bateman speech for being posted too much. But then GARY responded to it seriously which made me.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:24
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
I was going to critisize the Patrick Bateman speech for being posted too much. But then GARY responded to it seriously which made me.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jhereko are you drunk AGAIN Embarassed

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:38
  • Post subject:
Juan Schwartz wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
bcaie16 wrote:
I think Kurt is going to make a comeback. You know, once Dave gets out of the Foo Fighters.

And off the mic Laughing Laughing

He is like the Phil Collins of Nirvana

True, except Phil Collins has more talent

Eh I don't know I like both bands (Genesis more) It's the front men that make it though, I never thought the drumming was anything spectacular, by either of them. their sing/songwriting leaves at lot to be desired though

just out of curiosity, who are some of your favorite drummers?

Nah my standards are not that high (maybe they are IDK) It don't think That they are bad drummers, just not amazing Smile

Keith Moon Cool
Mike Joyce
Jaki Liebezeit
Stephen Morris
Trent Reznor (Live shows have great arrangement's)

Anyway yeah
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 03:45
  • Post subject:
[quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="Juan Schwartz"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="GARY"]
Polythene Pam wrote:
bcaie16 wrote:

Keith Moon Cool

Very Happy

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 07/29/2011 05:10
  • Post subject:
[quote="GARY"][quote="Polythene Pam"][quote="Juan Schwartz"][quote="Polythene Pam"]
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
bcaie16 wrote:

Keith Moon Cool

Very Happy

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Very Happy Angel