Politics & Health

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/14/2011 20:34
  • Post subject:
Bork wrote:
Having lived with both systems the most notable difference seems to be that the US system favors over-medicating, over-x-raying, over-following-up, since someone makes money on every single procedure. That is probably the main reason why US health care is twice as expensive per capita compared to most countries with publicly funded health.

Lets not forget the fact that the MILLIONS of illegal alien females who come to America to have their baby's payed for by U.S. citizens.

Not to mention the fact that numerous hospitals along the U.S. southern border are losing money because of this and U.S. citizens await their treatment while these women are getting theirs.

The Federal government is the most inefficient, inept, overpaid, group of people in America.

Put the power back in the peoples hands. I'm sure you all can manage to survive just fine without big government nanny state controlling every facet of your lives.

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/14/2011 20:51
  • Post subject:
GARY wrote:
RFNAPLES wrote:
The Commonwealth of Australia is still a realm within the Commonwealth of Nations that has Elizabeth II as its monarch and head of state.

Naples is correct. I would add that most people have been misled to believe that the Queen has no power.

When, in reality, she is one of the most powerful and wealthy people to have ever lived.

When the Queen tells Obama to jump. Obama asks her how high your majesty. Embarassed

Don't believe me, watch this.

Link

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/15/2011 01:01
  • Post subject:
I am not sure how much of that video is factual.

For instance, the District of Columbia flag was not officially adopted until 1938 and was designed after the Washington coat-of-arms:

This coat-of-arms was first used to identify the family in the twelfth century, when one of George Washington's ancestors took possession of Washington Old Hall, then in County Durham, in North East England.

The Washington Window in Selby Abbey, in the British market town of Selby, contains a variant of the Washington coat of arms in the original 14th century stained glass:

The three mullets (stars) do not represent the purpoted 3 city-states. There are three contemporary sovereign city-states: Monaco, Singapore, Vatican City. Notice that the District of Columbia and the City of London are not listed. The District of Columbia is a non-sovereign city-state that is federally administered.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 09/15/2011 01:10
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
I am not sure how much of that video is factual.

For instance, the District of Columbia flag was not officially adopted until 1938 and was designed after the Washington coat-of-arms:

This coat-of-arms was first used to identify the family in the twelfth century, when one of George Washington's ancestors took possession of Washington Old Hall, then in County Durham, in North East England.

The Washington Window in Selby Abbey, in the British market town of Selby, contains a variant of the Washington coat of arms in the original 14th century stained glass:

The three mullets (stars) do not represent the purpoted 3 city-states. There are three contemporary sovereign city-states: Monaco, Singapore, Vatican City. Notice that the District of Columbia and the City of London are not listed. The District of Columbia is a non-sovereign city-state that is federally administered.

Well, I can't say for 100% certainty either way Think

There are some of the videos that I have posted that are certainly not 100% accurate.

But I go with ones that are what I feel do have some facts and or are at the least interesting.

That video is 1 of a series of about 29. IMO the info about how England and the royal family increased their wealth in the illegal opium trade in the 1800's is an example.

Thank you for pointing out this information though Naples.

• Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2011 13:31
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Bork wrote:
Having lived with both systems the most notable difference seems to be that the US system favors over-medicating, over-x-raying, over-following-up, since someone makes money on every single procedure. That is probably the main reason why US health care is twice as expensive per capita compared to most countries with publicly funded health.

I am not sure about the twice as expensive stat, but causes of USA's healthcare inflation also include patients having no skin in the game (they don't care what it costs since most of their bill is paid for by insurance); doctors raising their fees because the insurance companies pay the Reasonable and Customary fee (which is based upon published averages, so the doctors raise their fees to the average or higher); doctors raising their fees to pay for increasing malpractice insurance (tort reform needed) and practicing defensive medicine to avoid litigation.

Where will Canadians and Europeans go to get their specialized cutting-edge healthcare if Obamacare cuts them off? Where will Americans go for care recommended by their doctors when Obamacare bureaucrats deny access?

When was the last time you stood on an unemployment, postal "service" or DMV line or waded through piles of code and regulations? No thanks, you can keep socialized medicine!

Here's an interesting comparison between US and Europe in health care costs (you can pick which countries to compare): http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor...=110997469 The figures are in line with information I have previously found, but please provide sources showing something different if you find that they are incorrect. Politics has sadly gotten to a point where too much time is spent debating facts when it should really be discussing ways to handle agree upon facts.

As for your other arguments:

- "patients having no skin in the game", this argument should blast healthcare cost in Europe way up high as no patient have their skin in the game when it is publicly funded and is a bad argument for why US costs are higher than European.
- malpractice suits are a big problem in the US, agreed.
- I don't know about Canadians but Europeans going to the US for cutting-edge healthcare must be considered so tiny an occurrence that it should not be mentioned. Contrary to popular belief around here the standard of European healthcare is not notably worse than the US standard. Something that is (arguably) reflected in the higher life expectancy in Europe (arguably because there could very well be other reasons for this).
- "bureaucrats deny access", again contrary to popular belief in the US, health care in most European countries is highly accessible despite having a cost saving perspective rather than a spending perspective. I don't know how many times I have met with the view that healthcare is indeed free but you can't get in there even for important procedures. That is not how it is.
- Noone likes wading through piles of code and regulations, and indeed the red tape in the US is much worse and much less "customer"-oriented than in most European countries. This is however a bureaucracy problem rather than a health care problem and can be sorted. On the upside with socialized medicine you never have to wait in pain on a stretcher while the hospital figures out who will pick up the bill instead of taking care of your medical problem.

There is obviously not a right and wrong in this issue, it is a political discussion and in the end it comes down to what people want, but sadly most of the reasoning against socialized medicine that I have heard is based on misconceptions.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2011 19:07
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/25/2011 02:24
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
bcaie16

Canada

• Posted: 09/25/2011 15:55
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

Now that just doesn't make any sense. I'm sorry but do you ever express your own opinion or do you just find images to do it for you.
  • Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 09/25/2011 15:58
  • Post subject:
Robots don't have opinions
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/25/2011 15:58
  • Post subject:
It makes sense
  • Visit poster's website