2 Ideas that Popped Up in my Mind

View previous topic :: View next topic
Larcx13
Українська музика

Ukraine

• Posted: 11/19/2020 17:01
  • Post subject: 2 Ideas that Popped Up in my Mind
I'm too inexperienced in building websites so I'm unsure of the possibilities...

Regardless, I was thinking it would be useful when adding new albums to a chart if every selection already made could be "ignored" by the search. Instead of finding out after you press "Add Chart" and having to go back to editing. It's not really a big thing but I find it would be useful especially if my next suggestion is possible.

Charts extended: I was thinking that after you reach a set amount of points (maybe add a level 9?) you could extend your main chart. I would say 500 albums but I'm being ambitious lol. These entries passed the 100 mark would not get any points but I find it would be pretty cool to be able to list everything that you've listened to and liked or that are runner-ups to your top 100 and sort of keep up with all of it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/21/2020 12:48
  • Post subject: Re: 2 Ideas that Popped Up in my Mind
Larcx13 wrote:
I'm too inexperienced in building websites so I'm unsure of the possibilities...

Regardless, I was thinking it would be useful when adding new albums to a chart if every selection already made could be "ignored" by the search. Instead of finding out after you press "Add Chart" and having to go back to editing. It's not really a big thing but I find it would be useful especially if my next suggestion is possible.

Charts extended: I was thinking that after you reach a set amount of points (maybe add a level 9?) you could extend your main chart. I would say 500 albums but I'm being ambitious lol. These entries passed the 100 mark would not get any points but I find it would be pretty cool to be able to list everything that you've listened to and liked or that are runner-ups to your top 100 and sort of keep up with all of it.

Thanks very much for the ideas. Both of these suggestions are on the radar (particularly the first one). Just a question of trying to schedule them in alongside everything else. I like the idea of extended charts as well and tying it into the membership ladder (just lots of other stuff in the queue as well so it's all a question of priorities with the dated forums and genres being other high priorities).
  • Visit poster's website