Yes Saskatchewan does exist
12%
 12%  [1]
Total Votes : 8

cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/28/2023 20:51
  • Post subject:
What's the over-under on the Maple Leafs making it out of round one (when they were up 3-1)?

Anyways surprising so far, really fascinated to see if the Kraken win their first playoff series.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/01/2023 20:49
  • Post subject:
Actually watched the Boston/Florida match last night. Insane the Panthers pulled that off. Think it’s the biggest shock since Montreal had that bizarre Price-is-a-wall run that managed to get them all the way to the end.

Think they gave the Leafs a chance to legit make the finals Mr. Green

And props to Seattle. Means the most recent cup-bearing team still standing is Carolina (‘06).
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/03/2023 00:36
  • Post subject:
That first round was insane. I'm literally stumped to who's going to make it out of the East alive, you can now say with all honesty the Maple Leafs have as good a chance as anyone.

Really hoping for an Oilers-Kraken conference finals, but that may be asking too much. Dallas isn't as banged up as the Avalanche, probs the main reason they managed to slip by (... as well as having a former avalanche main player).
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/09/2023 00:23
  • Post subject:
Well, the Blackhawks win the lottery and (almost surely) Bedard. Needless to say, this is not the only reason they're the new villians of the league.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/16/2023 05:27
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
That first round was insane. I'm literally stumped to who's going to make it out of the East alive, you can now say with all honesty the Maple Leafs have as good a chance as anyone.

Really hoping for an Oilers-Kraken conference finals, but that may be asking too much. Dallas isn't as banged up as the Avalanche, probs the main reason they managed to slip by (... as well as having a former avalanche main player).

You asked for too much, I guess. I too wanted a Kraken-Oiler conference finals. East went nearly exactly as anticipated.
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/17/2023 15:23
  • Post subject:
Yeah a tough exit, but a great second season for the Kraken. I think I'm picking the Panthers as my pony to win it all, interesting to see how a stanley cup win would aide (or not) their situation in south Florida. I don't give a patooie who makes it out of the west.

And it looks like the Coyotes are likely leaving Arizona after all, almost zero chance it's back up north to Quebec City so no hopes of the Good Friday rivalriy being revved up again. Personally hoping for a move to Kansas City over Houston, as I see the latter eventually becoming just as much a disasterous situation as it is now.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 05/31/2023 01:04
  • Post subject:
Gonna be a fascinating stanley cup, two of the warmest-weather markets duking it out, whoever wins it will be their first. Should change my profile pic to Meegara because I'm rooting for those pugnacious Panthers>
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/03/2023 04:52
  • Post subject:

Link

if u told me as a kid in the 90s that any number of warm weather teams would make the finals id have laughed in your face
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 06/15/2023 15:18
  • Post subject:
Well, that was a less than riveting NHL finals. Good for Vegas, I guess Confused anyways I guess we're now on to the offseason. Obviously few outside of Chicago is looking forward to the NHL draft (still a lot of saltiness about how the lottery played out, though perhaps more to the NHL's lack of disciplinary measures), but interested to see how the offseason goes, whether teams like Detroit or Buffalo start making moves to open up their playoff window, and if the Penguins or Capitols blow it up and trade their icons to a current contender. Habs got Caufield on a big contract though, so that's definitely cool as ice Cool
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 06/29/2023 17:07
  • Post subject:
Well the first round of the draft was... something. It sucks you have a generational talent like Bedard but everybody outside of Chicago seems ready to boo him just because of the jersey he's wearing. Still an ugly story all around for the Blackhawks, obviously still hope Bedard has a great career. Otherwise the rest of the draft was interesting, but not always in a good way. My habs and kraken (Islanders traded out) made... interesting picks, and the former a really bad trade at #31. The Coyotes clearly don't care about scouting anymore. The Flyers, for once in the past decade, actually made a really good decision by choosing Mitchkov, gonna have to wait but likely getting their own Kaprizov by 2027. The Blue Jackets finally have a star to build around with Fantnelli, donno if that will actually bring people to their seats though.
  • Visit poster's website