Australian Politics

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Wombi

• Posted: 06/07/2011 16:31
  • Post subject: Australian Politics
so yeah, our Prime Minister is crap and the opposition leader is even crapper. So yeah thats whats up in Australian Politics.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 06/08/2011 03:43
  • Post subject:
Sounds like every country.
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 06/08/2011 05:01
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Sounds like every country.

true. So go start a Canadian politics thread!
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 11:37
  • Post subject: Re: Australian Politics
Jhereko wrote:
so yeah, our Prime Minister is crap and the opposition leader is even crapper. So yeah thats whats up in Australian Politics.

Too many dingo's probably Shocked

Also our "ingenious" population has a tendency to fell slighted but your guys treatment of the Aborigines is just heartless

Second only to the United States treatment of Native Indians maybe?

New Zealand politics is not that great as well. I will be Prime Minster soon though so it's not really a problem
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 11:42
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

Also our "ingenious" population has a tendency to fell slighted but your guys treatment of the Aborigines is just heartless

New Zealand politics is not that great as well. I will be Prime Minster soon though so it's not really a problem

Very good Pam, once again your wisdom shines Very Happy

I'm always happy when someone reminds everyone (especially people in the U.S.) that it's the "American Indian" that has been treated the worst by "Americans"

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 12:07
GARY wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

Very good Pam, once again your wisdom shines Very Happy

I'm always happy when someone reminds everyone (especially people in the U.S.) that it's the "American Indian" that has been treated the worst by "Americans"

Cool
Wombi

• Posted: 06/08/2011 12:28
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

yeah I know I feel bad and both my parents are strictly speaking immigrants who came here after all the really really bad stuff. Aboriginal People were treated like dirt but I think the country is trying to rectify it it's just such a bad situation still. I imagine harkan (who I just read is a SOSE teacher) would understand more so yeah...

No problems when you're prime minister? "First point of order: out with the rugby league and in with the starcraft 2 league!"
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 15:01
Jhereko wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

yeah I know I feel bad and both my parents are strictly speaking immigrants who came here after all the really really bad stuff. Aboriginal People were treated like dirt but I think the country is trying to rectify it it's just such a bad situation still. I imagine harkan (who I just read is a SOSE teacher) would understand more so yeah...

No problems when you're prime minister? "First point of order: out with the rugby league and in with the starcraft 2 league!"

Yeah that would be my first act as supreme ruler

It's funny over here everyone is so excited for the rugby world cup (like it's the biggest thing ever) and I really couldn't care less about it. It away it is odd to be so indifferent about the countries main concern. And I do mean "main" concern
Polythene Pam

• Posted: 06/08/2011 15:03
Jhereko wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

It is like that with almost every case of colonization though. It is never a happy story Sad
Wombi

• Posted: 06/08/2011 15:11
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Jhereko wrote:

It is like that with almost every case of colonization though. It is never a happy story Sad

maybe it's just the experiences I've had with most Maori people but they just seem really great and willing to be part of society and well over here the aborigines just (for the most part) don't, which is a horrible thing to say but thats just based on my experiences (and I did a whole unit at uni about indigenous australians)