We Are Hungry

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 09/26/2012 15:52
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
I did not insult your mother, you do. BTW I am not your father, so civilly discuss. Show the others you can do it. Pray

You're a liar and your level of hypocrisy is stunning.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2012 15:54
  • Post subject:
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Lord Buddha
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 09/26/2012 15:55
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Lord Buddha

Oh, so you're a Buddhist now?

Hopefully someone will ban you and you can test out re-incarnation.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2012 15:56
  • Post subject:
No I am a person.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 09/26/2012 20:57
  • Post subject:
Rolling Eyes this is getting really retarded
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/27/2012 16:17
  • Post subject:
thejoj96 wrote:
Rolling Eyes this is alwaysreally retarded because naples is involved
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 09/28/2012 01:32
  • Post subject:
Ban Naples and you prove his point (about censorship). Everybody presses ignore button on Naples and you prove his point (that we don't value "different" viewpoints). Respond to his appaling, childish namecalling with namecalling of our own, and we prove his point (that we're all not "enlightened" or "smart" enough to be engaged in a discussion with). It doesn't matter that all these points are illogical and dumbfounded, simply reacting to his endless tirades by acting like Naples himself is the wrong way to deal with him. The only way to respond to him is to continue to make rational arguments, treat each other with respect and use our own words when expressing our indiviual beliefs, opinions and viewpoints. Being the exact opposite of Naples is the best way to counter him, it shows to the rest of the BEA that we are on a different (keyword different) level than a user who simply uses an entire forum section (and much of BEA) to flagrantly rile users with any opposing views whatsoever and constantly project a sense of ultimate superiority. Acting like him or just feeding his addle-brained critiques about how this site is run will only make us look like we're simply another version of Naples, just wearing a different mask. That's not the way to go.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2012 01:58
  • Post subject:
Applause
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 09/28/2012 11:49
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
Ban Naples and you prove his point (about censorship). Everybody presses ignore button on Naples and you prove his point (that we don't value "different" viewpoints). Respond to his appaling, childish namecalling with namecalling of our own, and we prove his point (that we're all not "enlightened" or "smart" enough to be engaged in a discussion with). It doesn't matter that all these points are illogical and dumbfounded, simply reacting to his endless tirades by acting like Naples himself is the wrong way to deal with him. The only way to respond to him is to continue to make rational arguments, treat each other with respect and use our own words when expressing our indiviual beliefs, opinions and viewpoints. Being the exact opposite of Naples is the best way to counter him, it shows to the rest of the BEA that we are on a different (keyword different) level than a user who simply uses an entire forum section (and much of BEA) to flagrantly rile users with any opposing views whatsoever and constantly project a sense of ultimate superiority. Acting like him or just feeding his addle-brained critiques about how this site is run will only make us look like we're simply another version of Naples, just wearing a different mask. That's not the way to go.

I just want to re-iterate that I don't disagree with Naples because he's a Republican. I'd actually quite like a reasonable right-wing voice on this site to argue with. But Naples isn't that. I don't argue with him because I don't "value different viewpoints", I do so because of the manner of his posts. Goading people into insulting him, making himself the center of attention, refusing to engage in any form of debate, being unnecessarily petty and pedantic, a stubborn refusal to ever accept he may be wrong, endless garbage cartoons and Youtube videos and streams of unsourced quotes that often border (and I'm being generous when I say "border") on racist, homophobic and sexist. The man is a poison. He discourages debate. I admit I shouldn't get drawn into endless mudslinging and namecalling with him, but some of the things we allow him to get away with are ridiculous.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 09/28/2012 13:20
  • Post subject:
Boo hoo!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website