Atheists

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 12/06/2012 06:03
  • Post subject:
Is GARY gone, or has he just switched to another account? I didn't get to see him either, but seems like I didn't really lose much for that.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 12/06/2012 12:59
  • Post subject:

purple

• Posted: 12/06/2012 13:23
  • Post subject:

• Posted: 12/06/2012 13:27
  • Post subject:
Ardent believers and atheists are bunch of self-important people who think they can determine our amount of knowledge about something that modern science will not let the question of its existence enter into its discourse. We certainly don't have the apparatus or epistemological base to discuss it; it's just a pragmatic issue which can be discussed in sociological discussions on the role of religion in a society. The only reasonable stance is agnosticism.

Last edited by Guest on 12/06/2012 21:56; edited 1 time in total

• Posted: 12/06/2012 13:40
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
its just a pragmatic issue which can be discussed in sociological discussions on the role of religion in a society. The only reasonable stance is agnosticism.

This.
thejoj96

• Posted: 12/06/2012 21:21
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
its just a pragmatic issue which can be discussed in sociological discussions on the role of religion in a society. The only reasonable stance is agnosticism.

I am agnostic, but I think that if there is no evidence for something it is more logical to not believe in it. Also the idea of a god seems kind of silly to me (not meant to offend). I consider myself to be an agnostic atheist.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 12/08/2012 22:09
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/22/2013 13:56
  • Post subject:
Seems to be a lot of assumptions are being made about atheists here. Yes, a lot of them are dicks but that's people for you. The way I see it, I'm an atheist by default. I wasn't raised to believe in a god and I've seen no reason, evidence or necessity to consider believing in one. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with that. To refer to myself as an agnostic would seem disingenuous.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 01/22/2013 15:30
  • Post subject:
As an update, the words I said in my original most don't necessarily apply now (of course, they don't have to necessarily not apply), rather whatever I said (and I only refer to about a small portion of what I said) applies to those atheists I know and certain atheists on the interwebs which love to voice their opinion.

• Posted: 01/22/2013 15:48
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
As an update, the words I said in my original most don't necessarily apply now (of course, they don't have to necessarily not apply), rather whatever I said (and I only refer to about a small portion of what I said) applies to those atheists I know and certain atheists on the interwebs which love to voice their opinion.

I have a few militant atheist friends, who are far more annoying (when discussing this particular subject) than any of my religious friends (apart from one recent "born again" Muslim). I know far more atheists who rarely bring up the subject of religion as it doesn't directly affect their daily lives. I think most people are reasonable to be honest, but it's often easy to confuse a vocal minority with a majority.