Politics Forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 12/13/2012 17:20
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
This is not a topic on politics but on Shaco

Even though that's clearly not what this is, I'd still rather that than another topic just full of your spam. You've actually managed to turn this whole subforum into a place where nobody wants to come and discuss politics. Even now, when a new(ish) user comes along to say, "Look, every thread is just spam, can we talk about some politics?", you just abuse and insult them.

Anyway, did anyone see Zuma (the SA President) attempt to defend the shootings of the miners as a "wake-up call to improve working conditions"? It's almost as weak as the initial attempt to charge the dead miners' colleagues with the murders as their protesting (apparently) led directly to the police shooting them. He's also stated something along the lines of "it's proof that democracy is working", due to it being a rare occurrence in this day and age, as opposed to during Apartheid when it was almost daily. I've never heard such a shocking defense of such a horrific act perhaps in my lifetime. Anyway, just thought I'd post it here, as opposed to in another thread where it will soon be buried under pages of fucking cartoons.
Kiki

• Posted: 12/13/2012 20:20
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:

Anyway, did anyone see Zuma (the SA President) attempt to defend the shootings of the miners as a "wake-up call to improve working conditions"? It's almost as weak as the initial attempt to charge the dead miners' colleagues with the murders as their protesting (apparently) led directly to the police shooting them. He's also stated something along the lines of "it's proof that democracy is working", due to it being a rare occurrence in this day and age, as opposed to during Apartheid when it was almost daily. I've never heard such a shocking defense of such a horrific act perhaps in my lifetime. Anyway, just thought I'd post it here, as opposed to in another thread where it will soon be buried under pages of fucking cartoons.

Considering other things I have heard about him, the guy sounds pretty evil.
Saoirse

• Posted: 12/13/2012 21:38
  • Post subject:
Trust me Shaco, Naples is just best ignored. Yes, this whole forum is nearly entirely made up of Spam and the only times there is interaction between the users it's just Naples complaining that we're all wrong for disaggreing with whatever video/cartoon/mittromney.com "quote" he's posted and just calling us all sensitive and a bunch of whiners when we find something particulary offensive with one of his cartoons, without defending it or taking responsibility for his posting any way whatsoever. Ive made the mistake of returning here too many times only to engage in a series of name-calling and "you're wrong, Im absolutely right" arguments that lead whatever "discussion" that's going on to nowhere in particular. It just brings out the worse in nearly everybody. As you can see an earnest observation here has already turned into a sea of needless negativity, so just don't let Naples and this polluted forum section (which, when actually engaged in serious conversation can be an enlightening area of BEA) ruin your BEA experience.
Borve Baunehoj

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:20
  • Post subject:
Oh yeah, politics & religion forum. I've heard about that once
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:26
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
Trust me Shaco, Naples is just best ignored. Yes, this whole forum is nearly entirely made up of Spam and the only times there is interaction between the users it's just Naples complaining that we're all wrong for disaggreing with whatever video/cartoon/mittromney.com "quote" he's posted and just calling us all sensitive and a bunch of whiners when we find something particulary offensive with one of his cartoons, without defending it or taking responsibility for his posting any way whatsoever. Ive made the mistake of returning here too many times only to engage in a series of name-calling and "you're wrong, Im absolutely right" arguments that lead whatever "discussion" that's going on to nowhere in particular. It just brings out the worse in nearly everybody. As you can see an earnest observation here has already turned into a sea of needless negativity, so just don't let Naples and this polluted forum section (which, when actually engaged in serious conversation can be an enlightening area of BEA) ruin your BEA experience.

Thanks again mother for helping us define proper BEA forum use. Did you ever think that a conversation/discussion could be held among members without involving me? I am not responsible for the supposed lack of discussions and serious conversation in this forum. Your negativity and whining helps ruin the BEA experience. Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:28
  • Post subject:
Naples was once banned for one week. That was a very pleasant time for BEA.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:34
  • Post subject:
Off topic
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Saoirse

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:34
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Thanks again mother for helping us define proper BEA forum use. Did you ever think that a conversation/discussion could be held among members without involving me? I am not responsible for the supposed lack of discussions and serious conversation in this forum. Your negativity and whining helps ruin the BEA experience.

Now now dear eat your peas without making a mess.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:37
  • Post subject:
Spam
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 12/13/2012 22:38
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Off topic

The topic, I believe, is this forum. Given that your ban did indeed make the entire forum a more pleasant place, and rendered it completely devoid of spam for one halcyon week, I'd say joj's comment was entirely on topic.