View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Psst, hey you, you gay?
Darn tootin' I'm gay.
14%
 14%  [7]
I go both ways.
18%
 18%  [9]
I'm straight as an arrow, I'll have you know!
43%
 43%  [21]
I'm Bork. Of course I'm straight.
20%
 20%  [10]
Questioning...
2%
 2%  [1]
Total Votes : 48

• Posted: 06/24/2013 15:46
  • Post subject:
Come here people, let us continue the discussion here. It was very fun to read (not fun to be involved though).
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 06/24/2013 15:49
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
Come here people, let us continue the discussion here. It was very fun to read (not fun to be involved though).

noo let's not ruin this thread... We'll split that topic into another one. Everyone needs a breather right now though, because things were getting nasty.
  • Visit poster's website
drakonium
coucou

France

• Posted: 06/24/2013 15:50
  • Post subject:
There's no fun picking on an ignorant and close-minded guy. The discussion was not revolving around religion and homosexuality. It was revolving around JMan, as usual. It seems like this guy is even more discussed than music on this forum. He's not that interesting. We should put an end at this discussion definitely.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 06/24/2013 17:44
  • Post subject:
What did I miss while I was asleep? All of a sudden 3 days of the "seriously serious talk" have dropped off the face of the Internet.
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 06/24/2013 17:45
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
What did I miss while I was asleep? All of a sudden 3 days of the "seriously serious talk" have dropped off the face of the Internet.

A tragedy if I ever knew about one.

Future generations of users will know me as the one who started the thread though, so that's something.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 06/24/2013 17:48
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:

It's been split and moved to Politics & Religion:
http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0
I recommend reading it.
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 06/24/2013 17:54
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
It's been split and moved to Politics & Religion:
http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0
I recommend reading it.

Oh hey nobody told me where the rest of that thread went, thanks for this.

Lucky ptaylor got to start a thread called Homosexuality with the post "How do even wipe your ass" heh
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 06/24/2013 19:17
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Well then, maybe you should stop arguing. NO DUH. I don't need you telling me to stop believing in God. God CREATED all, including your precious science that even proves yourself wrong!

Also, there have been plenty of times when the Bible has proved science wrong. First of all, Noah: Almost every kind of mythology has a flood myth, because Noah and his sons God gave Noah and his sons hundreds of different DNA strands to have many children. But thanks to the tower of Babel and God bringing hundreds of languages to the people, they split up and travelled the world. That's why these sinners created different religions.

Also: Samson. At first, people believed that the story is untrue and that the way the temple of Dagon was built was impossible because a structure with two main pillars so close to eachother was impossible. However, a 1972 excavation found a temple in what was once Gaza that, thanks to studies, had a structure similar to the two main pillars being close to each other. Your science proved the Holy Bible right this time, Defago!

Also, read these.
http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text.htm
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...550AAl0zwp

Good science does not address religion whatsoever, but rather observable natural phenomena. On the other hand, religion feels it must address science because religion is threatened by certain scientific theories like geologic time and evolution, to name a few. I suggest everyone stop trying to bring science into a homosexuality and religion discussion because it's really a question of ethics.

Having faith is fine, what you've said about religion and homosexuality is not. You've previously said other religions were created by sinners (perhaps it was your father's email, with which you agreed), implying that religions other than christianity are false or perhaps evil. You've said you think homosexuality is wrong, and this prejudice is little different than a prejudice against jews, women, blacks or any other 'other'; it's fine that you have this prejudice but recognize that you're in the minority here on this forum and in good time you'll be on the side of history which is frowned upon. Only an idiot would shout a racist slur in the midst of that race, why would you declare your homophobia on this forum?
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 06/25/2013 16:30
  • Post subject:
That Bible link is joooooooookes. Such bizarre interpretations of scripture to match science, when they're entirely missing the point of what it's trying to tell them.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 06/25/2013 16:48
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
That Bible link is joooooooookes. Such bizarre interpretations of scripture to match science, when they're entirely missing the point of what it's trying to tell them.

I love how vague sections of the Bible are molded to fit whatever bullshit war the religious right feel like fighting at a particular time.
  • Visit poster's website