Raditude

View previous topic :: View next topic
jackdurden

• Posted: 10/27/2009 01:53
  • Post subject: Raditude
I listened to the leak this morning.

Aside from one or two decent, generic sounding songs, this is the worst album they have ever made. It feels as if Rivers Cuomo has gone from making alternative rock to pop-rock for the tween crowd. It just sounds awful.

"Can't Stop Partying" is getting some notice for Lil Wayne being featured in the song, it doesn't really feel right but I feel the song will be a hit in the club scene.

"Put Me Back Together" is the album's best song, but it sounds like every other depressing rock song you hear on the radio today.

I have no idea what's happened to this band. They went from making two amazing albums, to a few mediocre ones, they picked up a bit (IMO) with The Red Album, but now with Raditude they've sunk lower than ever before. Don't bother with this album if you're a Weezer fan.

3/10
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 10/27/2009 02:08
  • Post subject:
http://pitchfork.com/news/36686-rivers-...raditudei/

Pitchfork: What are the most-played song on your iTunes?

Rivers Cuomo: Let me check. ... Funnily enough, it's Aly & AJ's "Potential Break Up Song." I didn't realize I had listened to it 41 times. Then there's "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé, Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl", Arcade Fire's "Keep the Car Running", Hannah Montana's "Nobody's Perfect", Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold", and the Killers' "Human".
  • Visit poster's website
Boogn1sh

• Posted: 10/27/2009 05:15
  • Post subject:
Really...SERIOUSLY....tell me your joking...the dude who made Pinkerton has listened to Aly and AJ 41 times....its a sad world this is
  • Visit poster's website
teodor_matz

• Posted: 10/27/2009 10:22
  • Post subject:
This just sad....
  • Visit poster's website
teodor_matz

• Posted: 10/27/2009 10:34
  • Post subject:
That song they did with Weezy is so bad i almost started to cry....
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 10/27/2009 11:52
  • Post subject:
He's clearly going through a very intense midlife crisis.
  • Visit poster's website
maxperenchio

• Posted: 10/28/2009 01:55
  • Post subject:
Oh cmon, is it really that weird? Super-hip-nerd dude gets into aggressively vapid junk pop.....boring. Its the kitschy kinda Jeff Koons-y aesthetic decision. "Wow this very intelligent person seems to be immersing himself in very stupid culture.... how interesting" His stupidest fans will hate it because it will bewilder and alienate them, his uber-hip fans will like it because its kitschy and ironic, and most people will just not care because the music isnt very good.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 10/28/2009 09:17
  • Post subject:
I have to go with max on this one... I really don't understand why everyone is so surprised.
  • Visit poster's website
Boogn1sh

• Posted: 10/29/2009 22:58
  • Post subject:
I don't disagree at all with what Max said, it's definetely a very calculated move on Rivers part. Which is what bothers me as much as anything else, that he feels the need to create this characterization for himself. It irks me when anyone feels the need to scream out "hey look at me and how off the wall and kooky I am, I'm still relevant, hell I change all the time..." Just shut up and make decent music, cause you haven't in like 15 years.
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 10/30/2009 05:31
  • Post subject:
Boogn1sh wrote:
I don't disagree at all with what Max said, it's definetely a very calculated move on Rivers part. Which is what bothers me as much as anything else, that he feels the need to create this characterization for himself. It irks me when anyone feels the need to scream out "hey look at me and how off the wall and kooky I am, I'm still relevant, hell I change all the time..." Just shut up and make decent music, cause you haven't in like 15 years.

Amen. I think Weezer is sort of like The Dave Matthews Band of alternative pop. I've don't understand why their equally musically clueless fanbase continue to follow them. Maybe that's not a fair comparison. Weezer was once actually interesting.
  • Visit poster's website