The Wall... in space.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 03/17/2013 20:34
  • Post subject: The Wall... in space.
'The Wall' by Pink Floyd is a sprawling collection of songs about isolation, mental breakdown and a whole host of other things. There is a fairly divided opinion about it and it gets high places on both best and worst album charts. However this thread is not to talk about 'The Wall' or the band who made it. It is more of an idea or a request if the idea in questions exists...

What I want to hear is an album which puts 'The Wall' into space. One which takes the themes (it will be a concept album) and puts it into the setting of the cold void all around us. It's definitely something which can be wrote about. Perhaps having someone who has never been on Earth or who is dreadfully missing it. They are all alone and it seems like they are getting no where. They don't even know why they are there. Perhaps there can be one companion but they are an unfeeling robot? Neither understands each other and the guy is becoming very paranoid about everything. There could even be a whole part like 'The Wall' where he is recollecting former memories. It would make a fantastic album! Is there anything like this? Any album about space and someone feeling homesick there?

I should mention now I have heard 'Space Oddity' and while it is great, I want a whole album about space and so much more. I won't like it if little green men come into and it all becomes light hearted. The assumption regarding extraterrestrials has to be the same as it is today, that being it is extremely likely something else is out there but no concrete evidence for it whatsoever.

Does anyone know an album like this?
purple

• Posted: 03/17/2013 20:38
  • Post subject: Re: The Wall... in space.
an_outlaw wrote:
Any album about space and someone feeling homesick there?

You should get into Sun Ra.
JMan

• Posted: 03/17/2013 20:40
  • Post subject: Re: The Wall... in space.
an_outlaw wrote:
'The Wall' by Pink Floyd is a sprawling collection of songs about isolation, mental breakdown and a whole host of other things. There is a fairly divided opinion about it and it gets high places on both best and worst album charts. However this thread is not to talk about 'The Wall' or the band who made it. It is more of an idea or a request if the idea in questions exists...

What I want to hear is an album which puts 'The Wall' into space. One which takes the themes (it will be a concept album) and puts it into the setting of the cold void all around us. It's definitely something which can be wrote about. Perhaps having someone who has never been on Earth or who is dreadfully missing it. They are all alone and it seems like they are getting no where. They don't even know why they are there. Perhaps there can be one companion but they are an unfeeling robot? Neither understands each other and the guy is becoming very paranoid about everything. There could even be a whole part like 'The Wall' where he is recollecting former memories. It would make a fantastic album! Is there anything like this? Any album about space and someone feeling homesick there?

I should mention now I have heard 'Space Oddity' and while it is great, I want a whole album about space and so much more. I won't like it if little green men come into and it all becomes light hearted. The assumption regarding extraterrestrials has to be the same as it is today, that being it is extremely likely something else is out there but no concrete evidence for it whatsoever.

Does anyone know an album like this?

Write this album yourself, man! Your idea, you should write lyrics for it. In the music biz, writing songs gets you the REAL money! You've got a good idea!
joyofdivision

• Posted: 03/17/2013 21:40
  • Post subject:

Link

Link

Dancing
Kiki

• Posted: 03/17/2013 23:26
  • Post subject:
I like the songs above. Very Happy I'll try to listen to more Sun-Ra. There was an album by Sun-Ra I really liked but I have forgotten which it was now.
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 03/18/2013 09:10
  • Post subject:
an_outlaw wrote:
I like the songs above. Very Happy I'll try to listen to more Sun-Ra. There was an album by Sun-Ra I really liked but I have forgotten which it was now.

Jazz in Silhouette, right? I think I asked you to listen to it, and you liked it, or something happened along those lines.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website