Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
SamuelPear

France

• Posted: 04/19/2013 14:47
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Even the FBI information wasn't certain about the "suspects."

Yeah, saw that too. After all, they're "suspects" so let's wait for more infos.

Norman Bates wrote:
SamuelPear a le swag
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2013 16:11
  • Post subject:
Naples picture is definitely the suspect, an even better picture was released a couple hours ago. He is also confirmed to be a student at Umass Dartmouth, which is a mere 15 minutes from my house, the next town over. I have many friends that went there. The campus has been evactuated today as a precaution. Also reports that him and his brother were seen on Tuesday loading a car with bleach at a grocery store that is about a mile from my house. Although the FBI and State Police are still concentrating on Boston, it's suddenly gotten even closer to home for me.

Either way as of right now Boston remains on lockdown and every available state trooper is in the city. They don't seem to know for sure where he is but lets hope it's where they all are.

Also Route 18 which is in New Bedford where I live has been shut down for some reason.
  • Visit poster's website
SamuelPear

France

• Posted: 04/19/2013 16:24
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
Naples picture is definitely the suspect, an even better picture was released a couple hours ago. He is also confirmed to be a student at Umass Dartmouth, which is a mere 15 minutes from my house, the next town over. I have many friends that went there. The campus has been evactuated today as a precaution. Also reports that him and his brother were seen on Tuesday loading a car with bleach at a grocery store that is about a mile from my house. Although the FBI and State Police are still concentrating on Boston, it's suddenly gotten even closer to home for me.

Either way as of right now Boston remains on lockdown and every available state trooper is in the city. They don't seem to know for sure where he is but lets hope it's where they all are.

Also Route 18 which is in New Bedford where I live has been shut down for some reason.

Wow ! Do you mean it's impossible to leave or enter Boston ?

Norman Bates wrote:
SamuelPear a le swag
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2013 16:49
  • Post subject:
SamuelPear wrote:
Wow ! Do you mean it's impossible to leave or enter Boston ?

Exactly right. Everyone in the city is inside with doors locked. The only people on the streets are Police/State Troopers/SWAT. Same goes for a few surrounding towns. They are searching a certain area in Watertown which is just outside the city, but they still have many more homes/places to search. No way in or out right now. I'm assuming both the Red Sox and Bruins will be cancelled shortly as they're supposed to be playing in the city tonight.

Here's a picture today of a typically very busy area of the city:
  • Visit poster's website
SamuelPear

France

• Posted: 04/19/2013 18:06
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
Exactly right. Everyone in the city is inside with doors locked. The only people on the streets are Police/State Troopers/SWAT. Same goes for a few surrounding towns. They are searching a certain area in Watertown which is just outside the city, but they still have many more homes/places to search. No way in or out right now. I'm assuming both the Red Sox and Bruins will be cancelled shortly as they're supposed to be playing in the city tonight.

Here's a picture today of a typically very busy area of the city:

Just thinking that Boston is in some kind of quarantine gives me the creeps ! And your photo too, empty streets ...

Norman Bates wrote:
SamuelPear a le swag
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2013 19:19
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2013 19:26
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
SamuelPear

France

• Posted: 04/19/2013 19:46
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

This is just a kid ... I mean, he looks like any teenager. Just went on the FBI website, he really is wanted !

Norman Bates wrote:
SamuelPear a le swag
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2013 19:57
  • Post subject:
Incident Updates (Last Updated 4/19 2:35PM)
•MBTA: Service (including bus, train, and commuter rail) is suspended until further notice. See www.mbta.com for updates. If you are at an MBTA station - please do not congregate there, return home.
•Residents in Boston, Watertown, Newton, Belmont, and Cambridge: City-wide "shelter-in-place" is advised as this investigation unfolds. Please understand we have an armed and dangerous person(s) still at large and police actively pursuing every lead in this active emergency event. Please be patient and use common sense. Avoid congregating in large crowds until this person(s) are apprehended. We will continue to update the public with more information as it becomes available.
•For Those at Work: While the “shelter-in-place” designation remains, employees who are at work are free to commute home per MEMA. When they get home, they are encouraged to stay home.
•Emergency Notifications: Sign up for ALERTBoston, the city's emergency notification system http://www.cityofboston.gov/alertboston
•TIPS for Investigation: Call 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324) & choose prompt #3. Submit info to FBI website http://www.bostonmarathontips.fbi.gov/ Via Email: Boston@ic.fbi.gov.
•Emergencies: Dial 911
•Residents With Questions: Call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500.
•City of Boston Employees: Beginning at 2:30 this afternoon, supervisors are free to allow employees to leave work unless those employees are involved in today’s emergency operations. When they get home, they are encouraged to stay home.
•Boston City Hall: Closed for remainder of the day 4/19.
•Boston Public Schools: All activities, including Acceleration Academies, are cancelled.
•BCYF: All programs and activities at all BCYF facilities are suspended today 4/19.
•Trial Court Courthouses & Offices in Cambridge, Brighton, Newton & Waltham: Temporarily closed until further notice.
•Other Courts: All first day jurors summonsed for today at the Suffolk Superior Court & Brooke Courthouses in Boston and for those in Middlesex County are canceled. More updates here http://www.mass.gov/courts/index.html
•4/15 Marathon Incident Press Release: Full City of Boston response to Boston Marathon tragedy http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?id=6079
•4/15 Marathon Incident Map: Latest crime scene perimeter http://boston.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OneP...9f28198a02
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 04/19/2013 22:59
  • Post subject:
SamuelPear wrote:
This is just a kid ... I mean, he looks like any teenager. Just went on the FBI website, he really is wanted !

I've been reading his Twitter. He's no mastermind behind this. If the story is true, I think he was at most an accomplice to what his brother did... He really comes across as a totally normal college kid in his tweets, nothing much political or even religion related.
  • Visit poster's website