A Magical Mystery Resonance

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 07/13/2013 23:57
  • Post subject: A Magical Mystery Resonance
I have been listening to an artist called Frank Turner a lot this year. They have become one of my favorite artists ever and I am glad because of it. I want new favorite artists so I can go and take my time through all their music. It helps me feel excited about finding the albums and singles.

What appeals to me in Frank Turner's music is that it is simple and he has much to say. It comes across personal and he doesn't seem to be impressing nobody. He says how he is positive about and has a great song about believing in the power of Rock N Roll which moves me. So I have a lot of fun with this new artist.

However... recently I realized something. Something which I may have noticed subconsciously before I realized I knew it... if that makes sense. See... Frank Turner reminds me of someone. It's in the voice. He sounds like a DJ who used to be on 'Kerrang! Radio' many years ago, if the DJ in question took to songwriting. They are by no means similar people. What is similar though is they both meant something to me at one part of my life. During the first year I started listening to music I used to tune into the DJs late night Sunday show every week. I could listen to the other people he had on the show and it would feel great. It was like a clubhouse. Something about Frank Turner's sound... has reminded me about those days...

Good on them. If they make me feel like I'm listening to music for the first time again then they do have some magic in those guitar strings.

Do you have a favorite music artist who reminds you of someone who meant/means a great deal to you who doesn't make music?