The history of multiply banned users

View previous topic :: View next topic
Mother Nature's Son

Denmark

• Posted: 10/12/2013 12:47
  • Post subject: The history of multiply banned users
Not sure if this is a good idea, but lately three different banned users, pretty sure it's the same person (I'm thinking some sorta fusion of two 21st century Radiohead albums, but I might be wrong), have commented on my chart (my impression is that the person has commented on pretty much anybody else's chart too). I see it as a bit of a problem since my trust in any new member is gradually lowering for every one of these "funny" little happenings. What I hope for with this thread is someone to clear me up on, or just give me an idea of how many earlier banned users (I know there are at least 4 original users) are still revisiting or have been revisiting the site with new accounts (and an approximate number of how many accounts they've made in total also). It's quite annoying to believe someone is someone else and generally I'd just like to be able to welcome every new user without thinking "a Radiohead album AND a Sigur Rós album? Suspicious."!

I hope this thread isn't too rewarding for the troll(s?), but the kind of noise I'm talking about here is getting a bit too much in the way nowadays, I think.
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 10/12/2013 13:01
  • Post subject:
It's probably not a great idea to have a thread (or threads) dedicated to talking about people who aren't supposed to be here, but who continually create new user names and try to gain attention by posting on the forums and on charts.

I would recommend that if you have concerns about this that you contact either AM or one of the members of the moderator team. I will say that we are doing our best to catch people who do this, but sometimes it may take a bit longer. I would also add that each time one of these people creates a new user name and tries to sneak in, it reduces their chances of ever being reinstated.

Hope that helps!
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
karbutt

United States

• Posted: 10/12/2013 14:25
  • Post subject:
There are plenty of people with Radiohead and Sigur Ros albums in their charts. I don't think that should arouse suspicion ...

• Posted: 10/12/2013 17:04
  • Post subject:
karbutt wrote:
There are plenty of people with Radiohead and Sigur Ros albums in their charts. I don't think that should arouse suspicion ...

You're new around these parts, huh
nutso42

• Posted: 10/13/2013 00:37
  • Post subject:
swedenman wrote:
You're new around these parts, huh

At first I was going to agree with you, until I remembered I have a Radiohead and Sigur Ros album on my main chart... Embarassed
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 10/13/2013 09:48
  • Post subject:
Romanelli wrote:
I would recommend that if you have concerns about this that you contact either AM or one of the members of the moderator team. I will say that we are doing our best to catch people who do this, but sometimes it may take a bit longer. I would also add that each time one of these people creates a new user name and tries to sneak in, it reduces their chances of ever being reinstated.

Absolutely right. A lot of work happens in the background to monitor activity & keep the site clean. If anyone has any suspicions about user accounts that may be from previously banned users, please feel free to PM and they will be deleted.
  • Visit poster's website