Ask & Receive: All about our music.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Goodsir

• Posted: 07/30/2014 23:59
  • Post subject:
@Precedent What exactly is the "bam" you find in Lil Wayne's music? Please explain in detail.
Precedent

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:36
  • Post subject:
Goodsir wrote:
@Precedent What exactly is the "bam" you find in Lil Wayne's music? Please explain in detail.

It's pretty simple, lol.

Most prevalent in Tha Carter III, "bam" is what catches my attention! In this case, it's the bouncy production and how his voice meshes with said production.

It's funny, this bandwagon of hate on Mr. Carter.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:39
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
It's pretty simple, lol.

Most prevalent in Tha Carter III, "bam" is what catches my attention! In this case, it's the bouncy production and how his voice meshes with said production.

It's funny, this bandwagon of hate on Mr. Carter.

When was anyone hating on Wayne?
Precedent

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:40
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
When was anyone hating on Wayne?

Not going after Goodsir or anything, but all you have to do is look at the average rating for his albums on here.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:44
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
Not going after Goodsir or anything, but all you have to do is look at the average rating for his albums on here.

So why bring that up when Goodsir asks is all I'm wondering? Either way I wouldn't say it's a "bandwagon", maybe most people just don't find a "bam" or whatever in his music the way you do. For instance, I love Carly Rae, but I understand how people can detest her. Kiss' low score (52 or sth like that) is divided between haters and lovers, no bandwagons.
Precedent

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:46
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
So why bring that up when Goodsir asks is all I'm wondering? Either way I wouldn't say it's a "bandwagon", maybe most people just don't find a "bam" or whatever in his music the way you do. For instance, I love Carly Rae, but I understand how people can detest her. Kiss' low score (52 or sth like that) is divided between haters and lovers, no bandwagons.

Not sure how it is in the UK, but in America, it's insane. You'd be surprised at how many people blindly hate on Wayne. A few albums from Wayne, I can understand, but a whole discography? Come on now.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:47
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
Not sure how it is in the UK, but in America, it's insane. You'd be surprised at how many people blindly hate on Wayne. A few albums from Wayne, I can understand, but a whole discography? Come on now.

Yeah, it's bad in UK too. Really, there's a huge hate bandwagon for any modern rap. "Kanye West is awful he doesn't rap about anything significant", "omg drake doesn't even write his own songs* he uses autotune omg he must not be an artist", "rap died in the 90s", stupid shit like this is spread around so much.

*He does.

(I thought you were referencing a BEA bandwagon, sorry about that)
Precedent

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:50
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
Yeah, it's bad in UK too. Really, there's a huge hate bandwagon for any modern rap. "Kanye West is awful he doesn't rap about anything significant", "omg drake doesn't even write his own songs* he uses autotune omg he must not be an artist", "rap died in the 90s", stupid shit like this is spread around so much.

*He does.

(I thought you were referencing a BEA bandwagon, sorry about that)

Exactly! Hopefully that'll improve within time.

It's all good Very Happy
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:54
  • Post subject:
Precedent wrote:
Exactly! Hopefully that'll improve within time.

Chances are it won't. Rockists looking for anti-mainstream opinions will tend to pick on mainstream music because it's mainstream, it's been that way for a long time. It's a close-minded view of not realising music is literally divided into "like" and "dislike" (and all the extremes that fall under those two, obviously) rather than "good" and "bad".
Precedent

• Posted: 07/31/2014 00:59
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:
Chances are it won't. Rockists looking for anti-mainstream opinions will tend to pick on mainstream music because it's mainstream, it's been that way for a long time. It's a close-minded view of not realising music is literally divided into "like" and "dislike" (and all the extremes that fall under those two, obviously) rather than "good" and "bad".

Eh, unfortunately things are shaping up that way. Hip-Hop seems to be reaching more people than ever now, but it still has a path to travel.