'MURICA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Excuse me, but do you take kindly to my type around here?
We don't take kindly to your type around here
14%
 14%  [4]
Around here we don't kindly take to your type
7%
 7%  [2]
Your type doesn't take around that we kindly don't
25%
 25%  [7]
Don't kindly type your take here around us
22%
 22%  [6]
We don't type kindly to your kind around here
29%
 29%  [8]
Total Votes : 27

• Posted: 02/05/2014 05:17
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
Hahaha, thanks. Spelling was never my game. I often forget basic words completely here and there. It's embarrassing. Embarassed

But yeah, I agree with what you are saying. It is just that, they could've thrown in a bald eagle, or a football game, or something a little more American, if that was their intention. But who knows what that intention may be. Can't say I can think like an advertiser.

I don't think it was their intention to make an ultra-American ad. The intention was just to celebrate diversity, as far as I could tell.
Wombi

• Posted: 02/05/2014 06:39
  • Post subject:
BrandonMeow wrote:
The majority of the people around me are like this. >_<

azns?

• Posted: 02/05/2014 06:40
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
azns?

You cut out my disclaimer, tsk tsk.
Wombi

• Posted: 02/05/2014 06:41
  • Post subject:
: D
SquishypuffDave

Australia

• Posted: 02/05/2014 07:09
  • Post subject:

Link
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 02/06/2014 02:48
  • Post subject:
Saoirse wrote:
This always happens, when Miss America happens to be of Indian descent or those illiterate people who tried to read the Hunger Games found out Ree was black from the movie, you get a small but deafening group who make the most bone-headed, ignorant responses imaginable on the web, be it twitter, tumblr or whatever place you can post all the stupid shit in your head. It's a small group, not all of America. Given stupid, bigoted comments however are not limited to the US in the western world, need I unfortunately remind you. We just seem to have the loudest and the most addle-brained idiots of them all who yell at the highest octave imaginable (and unfortunately keep voting in even louder, idiotic megalomaniacs to represent them).

Well put. Often in Canada, we ignore our own ignorance by focusing on the loutish voices in America.
undefined

• Posted: 02/07/2014 02:06
  • Post subject:
T'óó hodiilzha bilagáana... yáłtiʼ di ka-ha-teni saad
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 02/09/2014 01:55
  • Post subject:
BurningBright wrote:
But yeah, I agree with what you are saying. It is just that, they could've thrown in a bald eagle, or a football game, or something a little more American, if that was their intention. But who knows what that intention may be. Can't say I can think like an advertiser.

The whole point was to show that America isn't easily defined by silly nationalistic stereotypes, because it's supposed to be a broad, multicultural nation - and from an advertiser's perspective appealing to a multicultural audience is probably a lot more profitable than appealing simply to the airhead patriots who already associate Coca-Cola with classical Americana anyway.

Overall it's not a big fucking deal and the fact that these Twitter retards made such a big fucking deal about it is fucking hilarious (although I'm almost certain half of them are joking).

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 05/26/2014 13:32
  • Post subject:
"Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...cans-kill/

thoughts?
sp4cetiger

• Posted: 05/26/2014 15:04
  • Post subject:
Michael Moore wrote:
Nearly all of our mass shootings are by angry or disturbed white males

Pretty sure this isn't true. Gang violence is generally classified differently from shootings like this and also gets less national press coverage. The profile of mass murderers as white people may actually be due to a form of racism -- when a black or Latino kid shoots up his neighborhood, it's just dismissed as "ordinary" gang violence.

But it doesn't matter. Lunatics like this get a lot of press coverage, but make up a tiny minority of US gun deaths. Middle-class America has fits when they feel their safety is threatened by the one in a million psycho, but there are poor urban kids across the country who live in legitimate fear of being shot at every time they step out the door. An average of three people per hour are murdered by guns in the US. Moore's unfocused rant aside, that's a much stronger argument for gun control.