The albums that surprised you the most...

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Campfire Songs-Animal Collective, I heard a bunch of my friends pan it, and say that it was their worst work. Then I finally got around to listening to it while reading the lyrics, and it just blew me away. I even shed a tear during Doggy, its just a really emotional album for me.

Bon Iver-Bon Iver, Bon Iver, Before listing to it, all I heard was a bunch of hype, ton of people making fun of how high Justin Vernon sings, and that SNL spoof where he puts himslef to sleep with his own music. Then when I finally heard it I was overtaken about how amazing it was.
  • Quote
Jasonconfused wrote:
The White Album. I had been avoiding the Beatles for a long time and then I finally decided to listen to all of their albums. I listened to them in chronological order and enjoyed their music, but didn't see why they were considered the greatest band ever by so many people. Then I got to the White Album. Blew me away. Easily my favorite Beatles work.

I remember some days ago I asked you about Abbey Road and you thought it was pretty good I was somewhat surprised because I believed for some reason you were gonna appreciate it almost as much as The White Album. Maybe I assumed that because I'm a little "classic rock"-oriented myself (not a huge metal fan though-but I like a great amount of it, just not all of it) and Abbey Road is definitely my favorite Beatles work, or just because Harrison showed such amazing guitar skills in this album especially... I'm not judging opinions or anything, I just share some thoughts I had ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Most recent example for me was The Haunted Man. I'd pretty much dismissed Bat For Lashes as a pretentious pop act, very unfairly. I think it was partially to do with the artists I'd seen her advertized alongside, which I really disliked. Then Saoirse told me to listen to Laura, and it was amazing. Then I listened to the album and died. The production was so deep, textural and laboured over, and her voice shook my soul. It filled a void that I didn't realize was there, and I am a happier person for having heard it.
  • Quote
The Meadowlands by the Wrens which i've found recently.
just by the end of first track which is only around 1:30 minutes i already knew this is what i've been searching for in my entire musical life! the lyrics spoke to my soul and the music was brilliant!
  • Quote
useless wrote:
I remember some days ago I asked you about Abbey Road and you thought it was pretty good I was somewhat surprised because I believed for some reason you were gonna appreciate it almost as much as The White Album. Maybe I assumed that because I'm a little "classic rock"-oriented myself (not a huge metal fan though-but I like a great amount of it, just not all of it) and Abbey Road is definitely my favorite Beatles work, or just because Harrison showed such amazing guitar skills in this album especially... I'm not judging opinions or anything, I just share some thoughts I had :mrgreen:


Abbey Road is definitely up there with my favorites in terms of Beatles albums, probably even with Sgt Pepper, but none impacted me the way that the White Album did.
_________________
  • Quote
I suppose American Idiot, I honestly thought I would hate this album but it's actually pretty fucking good.
  • Quote
Dopethrone by Electric Wizard, an album from a genre I have no interest in whatsoever. I only listened to this last week and found it instantly intriguing. I'm still at a loss as to why I find it even remotely enjoyable.

A few years ago I heard Neon Golden by The Notwist which was a real revelation. It was an instant favourite and lead me on to discover other great artists like mรบm, Lali Puna, Bibio and uncover a multitude of great albums I never knew existed.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Albums that you are surprised aren't ... Sean Music
Artists who were opening acts, which ... RoundTheBend Music
Which artist do you think has the MOS... bobbyb5 Music
Most emotive albums you've ever heard? DarkSideOfTheComputer Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.