The Influenced became the Ignorant?

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Necharsian wrote:
I dont have to like horse drawn carriages to like cars.


Says a lot to me. I could think about it some more though. ๐Ÿค” It's all choice isn't it?
  • Quote
I can't really say anything about this now, but a while ago (circa 2006-7) I was a huge Muse fan, and refused to give Radiohead a chance since people pegged Muse as a Radiohead rip-off (which I still find total bullshit; the influence is there, but they're not a "total rip-off"). I had heard many of Radiohead's singles and was just annoyed by them (all except "Karma Police"). Eventually I decided to give Radiohead a chance, and I listened to OK Computer. I hated it. I didn't give Radiohead any more chances for 2 or 3 years. After a while, I gave OK Computer another spin. I didn't like it, but I could start to see why people liked it. I gave The Bends a listen, and felt kind of meh. Long story short, it took me about 5 total listens to OK Computer to start liking it. I used to hate it, now it's in my top 10 albums ever. Go figure.

But yeah, I was definitely being ignorant. That's for sure.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
EyeKanFly wrote:
I can't really say anything about this now, but a while ago (circa 2006-7) I was a huge Muse fan, and refused to give Radiohead a chance since people pegged Muse as a Radiohead rip-off


I once had a friend who said "Who needs Radiohead when Muse does it louder?" and I thought that was a really great description of Muse.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I once had a friend who said "Who needs Radiohead when Muse does it louder?" and I thought that was a really great description of Muse.


That would imply Muse experiments. ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I once had a friend who said "Who needs Radiohead when Muse does it louder?" and I thought that was a really great description of Muse.

Haha, that's awesome.

Gowienczyk wrote:
That would imply Muse experiments. :P

Muse experiments too, though their experiments may not have been as groundbreaking as Radiohead's.

Also, it may not imply experimentation, it may just imply Muse copying Radiohead but louder ๐Ÿ˜œ
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
For Muse experimenting, I direct you to the last three tracks of "The Resistance" which includes an operatic piece, or the first movement of the suite they did on "The 2nd Law" that sounded like Muse doing dub step.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] HHTT: Ignorant Shit v. Going Back To ... Guest Tournaments
Why Joy Division never became a perfe... Guest Music
How Your Favorite Bands/Albums Became... Guest Music
Looking for music influenced by The B... Guest Music
Influenced by or imitating Radiohead? demetrios Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.