I don't know what the hell this is but it was fantastic and it's in my top-10 of the year now so go listen to it if you dig Swans and Current 93 and the like. _________________ Progressive Rock
I don't know what the hell this is but it was fantastic and it's in my top-10 of the year now so go listen to it if you dig Swans and Current 93 and the like.
I don't know what the hell this is but it was fantastic and it's in my top-10 of the year now so go listen to it if you dig Swans and Current 93 and the like.
Okay yeah people should listen to this it's really good. I loved Jenny Hval's album last year and this is like that pushed even further. Thanks for reminding me to listen to this Rocky.
I don't know what the hell this is but it was fantastic and it's in my top-10 of the year now so go listen to it if you dig Swans and Current 93 and the like.
Not sure I'd put it that highly, but it was one of the best first listens I've had all year, and I don't expect diminishing returns on repeated listening.
Anyway, just finished listening to Mick Jenkins' The Water[s], which is very good, if very of-its-time. The whole album sounds a little bit like Kendrick's 'Swimming Pools', which is fine, but it'd be nice to hear something a bit more adventurous production-wise. That said, it's still a pleasant listen, and Jenkins really is a fine rapper, focusing on the same "growing up around gangsters vs. growing up to be gangster" dichotomy that Kendrick or Chance do so successfully, but with a deeper voice and a far more formalist boom-bap flow. His lyrics are focused and to the point, if a little cringey, but he reminds me of Common or even Blu to an extent. Would definitely recommend this. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
Aphex Twin is releasing his first new material since 2007's 'The Tuss'. Warp's promotion began today with a '2014' Aphex blimp hovering over London and some logos stencilled on certain buildings in NY. Looking forward to this :D
i've heard a couple of the fake leaks of the new Aphex album. one was pretty crappy, but the other turned out to be a decent album ("Lazer.Eyes.Love" by lodsb) ๐
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum