What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 646664676468 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Loaded by The Velvet Underground
  • Quote

Mista Thug Isolation by Lil Ugly Mane

first listen
  • Quote

Strange Mercy by St. Vincent
_________________


Memo to myself:
Do the dumb things I gotta do
Touch the puppet head
  • Quote

Blue Lines by Massive Attack

I was looking back to see..
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:

Blue Lines by Massive Attack

I was looking back to see..


The Unfinished song is the best by far here ๐Ÿ˜„ One Love is great too
  • Quote

ART OFFICIAL AGE by Prince

Not the worst Prince album I've ever heard, but not even as good as Musicology or 3121 or The Rainbow Children, let alone everything prior to 1997 (and especially Dirty Mind ๐Ÿ˜ ).
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:

ART OFFICIAL AGE by Prince

Not the worst Prince album I've ever heard, but not even as good as Musicology or 3121 or The Rainbow Children, let alone everything prior to 1997 (and especially Dirty Mind ๐Ÿ˜ ).


He's one of your favorite artists as well ๐Ÿ™
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
The Unfinished song is the best by far here


Probably my least favourite song on the album, never understood why it's the standout track for so many.
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
He's one of your favorite artists as well :(


Haha, I've long stopped expecting Prince albums to be great. The same goes for Wu-Tang, The Flaming Lips, Bob Dylan, The Fall, Jay-Z - many of my favourite artists. That doesn't mean I can't find something to enjoy in their latest material (The Fall are never worse than workmanlike, The Flaming Lips are always at least interesting, Wu-Tang have a sound that will always draw me in, even when they're phoning it in, and Prince rarely ever releases anything that's unlistenable, even if he'll never hit the heights he was working at between 1979 and 1996 again, part of me likes the fact that Bob Dylan doesn't seem to care what people think, and Jay-Z, well, he's, er... no, I got nothing), but expecting your favourite artists to always be great, or convincing yourself that they are, isn't really something I can do. Maybe I'm just too cynical. That said, the moment Erykah Badu releases a bad album it'll be like coming to the realisation that Santa doesn't exist all over again. At least we have the Manics, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:
Probably my least favourite song on the album, never understood why it's the standout track for so many.


For me it is the last exciting moment on the album as well as the best. I mean some of the first half is exciting to and very good. It's one of their best albums too

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 646664676468 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 6467 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.